Rough 8 JzP Helmet

Pontrest

Good afternoon, team.

Attached is my latest project; a rough C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP helmet. As you can see, it has the Tombak edging and brads. The liner pins have been removed, and they did not come with the helmet. It looks like at some point, the helmet may have been painted black, and once I removed the black paint, there was silver paint underneath. It all came off.
I applied a single coat of Brownell's 44/40 bluing, and a healthy coat of Renaissance Wax for protection. It came with what appears to be the original Tombak spike, so I'll knock the oxidation off it and put the Renaissance Wax on it as well.

Comments, critiques, and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
TimFront unfinished C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgL unfinished C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgR unfinished C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgBack unfinished C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgInside unfinished C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgInside rear unfinished C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpg

Good afternoon, team.

Attached is my latest project; a rough C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP helmet. As you can see, it has the Tombak edging and brads. The liner pins have been removed, and they did not come with the helmet. It looks like at some point, the helmet may have been painted black, and once I removed the black paint, there was silver paint underneath. It all came off.
I applied a single coat of Brownell's 44/40 bluing, and a healthy coat of Renaissance Wax for protection. It came with what appears to be the original Tombak spike, so I'll knock the oxidation off it and put the Renaissance Wax on it as well.

Comments, critiques, and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
TimView attachment 42318View attachment 42319View attachment 42320View attachment 42321View attachment 42322View attachment 42323
Here are the pictures of the bluing. The steel on this helmet is different from my other helmets in that it looks like it is scaled when viewed under magnification.
Front Blued C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgL Blued C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgBack Blued C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpgR Blued C.E. Juncker 1915 8 JzP.jpg

A great start, this one is going to turn out nicely once you are done. No liner or wappen at all??
This one had no liner or wappen. I have, however, purchased a couple of JzP wappen, so I have a few to choose from. I will need to move the mounting posts so they will fit in the slits on the front of the helmet(s). I'll also need the chinscales and kokarden.

Back