Royalty, Nobility and Generals

Liongules

I'm just practicing too, I have trouble posting photos on this forum properly (and only on this forum!) General der Infantrie d'Elsa.

elsagderi7tm.jpg

...and the last for now, King Manuel II of Portugal, wearing the Princely Order of Hohenzollern and the Order of the Black Eagle.

kingmanueliiofportugal4eb.jpg

Rendsburg said:
Great photos, Mike!
Otto
Thank you, Otto! :D

I have a lot more, many of which I have never scanned. I'll try to post a few of my favorites here when I can get them scanned. :cool:

Hi Mike:
These are just what we need here great pics. Excellent! Regarding posting photos here you might be having the same trouble that I ran into. To post pics you have to click on the Img botton (image) which is located above the message window right hand corner. Clicking this causes
. I was not doing this and my pics were not posting...very frustrating! I use photo bucket to host my pics and have had no trouble since Margo straightened me out on the [/Img] business.

Mike,
Thanks for posting your photos. One question on the photo of Leopold IV Furst von Lippe-Detmold. He was the honorary commander of the third bat. of I.R. Graff Bulow von Dernewitz (6 Westfalisches) #55 which was a Prussian line inf. reg. It appears that he has a standard prussian helmet in your phots. Is that correct? No Lippe rose? Thanks. Bill

To post pics you have to click on the Img botton (image) which is located above the message window right hand corner. Clicking this causes
Hi Brian, You should not have to type [/Img], you should be able to click on it a second time after adding the url.
Gus

Anonymous said:
Mike,
Thanks for posting your photos. One question on the photo of Leopold IV Furst von Lippe-Detmold. He was the honorary commander of the third bat. of I.R. Graff Bulow von Dernewitz (6 Westfalisches) #55 which was a Prussian line inf. reg. It appears that he has a standard prussian helmet in your phots. Is that correct? No Lippe rose? Thanks. Bill
Brian,

I'm having some problems with my photo file. This is the best I can do with this helmet for now. It does not appear to have the Lippe rose on it as you said.

helmet0ip.jpg

Thanks Gus:
I will give that a try next time. FYI everyone, Margo has installed an addition to the site which automatically limits the size of pics. We were having pics posted which were still too large and interfering with text ie. forcing people to scroll sideways in order to read things. We will give this a trial run and see how it works. Brian

Mike
Thank you for the enlargement of the photo. It clearly shows a standard Prussian line eagle helmet plate. There seems to be a question on the type of helmet plate that the officers of the third Bat IR 55 wore. If the honorary commander of the Bat. wore a standard plate with no Lippe rose I would think that the officers would follow the same form. I have seen helmets with the Prussian eagle, koenig motto and a lippe rose wappen but I think that this would be a police helmet or if extremely high quality a helmet of an aide de camp. Thanks again. Bill

Back