Sachsen Casque. Can anyone read the name inside?

I have this beauty in my small collection. Can anyone tell me what is written inside(last pic) - it might be the wearers name or something?

Also, any info on the fabrication mark? I'm a bit out of the loop these days and I've forgotten so much.

And - could you tell me what the rank of the wearer might be? I have a photo of him somewhere too...will post later.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Nice helmet, :thumb up: When I look at the rear-spine and size of the spike,combined with the trim of the vorderschirm I think it's a private purchase piece,so probably Einjahrige freiwilliger. The name,as I read it seems to be Grünn. :)

Thank's coert65, it could be 'Grunn' as you say. That's very helpful. It has many non-officer features but is of great quality. I think that jugulaire might be a unique style to certain Sachsen helmets?

Yes, I'll try to get one done soon! I was going to say OYV but as I said - I havent been on here for ages and I forget the terminology somewhat! I'll have to get the books out again.

Here's the interior:

The Kokarden are nice too, all original to this helmet with the little 'v' cutout perculiar to Sachsen helmets:

Super helmet
Clean as a whistle
Looks like it is almost un-touched
I think anyone would love to have
a helmet in that condition

Steve

Good to have you on the forum again Mikey . I think the guys have nailed this helmet description .

Thank's Brian, it has been a while. How are you these days - I still have the stuff you sent me to re-stitch with and it works!! I'm working on a chinstrap right now. What about you? I tend to look for plates more now as i dont have the space for helmets. You don't know of anyone that has a buckshee silver garde star do you? I have an eagle that needs one.

HaHa. You noticed! Yes, but then, he might have had a lot to sweat about?
I'm gonna try wearing it around town here for the next few days and see if it makes me sweat much. ;-)

Are you still in France Mike or have you moved back to London or somewhere else in the UK? Barrie where I live is getting 30cm of snow today. All schools busses are cancelled, not that this effects me anymore! :)

Yes, snow squall warning for all of Southern Ontario, it is coming down at "white out" speed. We have had 2 ft. (60 cm) since Thursday. Good for skiing, not for driving!

Back