Sachsen FAR 28 waffenrock

Zebedeus

This tunic is from the royal Saxon 2. field artillery regiment #28. It was in the XII army corps and garrisoned in Bautzen. Interestingly, the cypher of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was dropped in 1917 along with the cyphers of all "enemy" rulers.FAR 28 Sachsen7.JPGFAR 28 Sachsen5.JPGSachsen FAR 1.JPGFAR 28 Sachsen6.JPGFAR 28 Sachsena.JPGFAR 28 Sachsen9b.JPG

I don't usually comment on tunics because of the personal lack of interest.
But this tunic and helmet speak to me.
Thanks for sharing , a great looking set !!!

Reactions: USN
This tunic is from the royal Saxon 2. field artillery regiment #28. It was in the XII army corps and garrisoned in Bautzen. Interestingly, the cypher of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was dropped in 1917 along with the cyphers of all "enemy" rulers.View attachment 24195View attachment 24196View attachment 24197View attachment 24198View attachment 24200View attachment 24201
This is a great one ! Those shoulder straps ! The pre war ones are super hard to find .I know of only 2 collectors who have those straps .I still need one to complete my pre war cyphers .I do have the straps in Feldgrau , but not pre war .Outstanding ! Thanks for the photos .Steve

Attachments

• FAR Feldgrau.JPG
    FAR Feldgrau.JPG
    873.1 KB · Views: 9
This is a great one ! Those shoulder straps ! The pre war ones are super hard to find .I know of only 2 collectors who have those straps .I still need one to complete my pre war cyphers .I do have the straps in Feldgrau , but not pre war .Outstanding ! Thanks for the photos .Steve
Thank you Steve, you are very kind.
And so now I can finally say that I have something that Steve doesn't have in his huge collection. 😁😁

This tunic is from the royal Saxon 2. field artillery regiment #28. It was in the XII army corps and garrisoned in Bautzen. Interestingly, the cypher of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was dropped in 1917 along with the cyphers of all "enemy" rulers.View attachment 24195View attachment 24196View attachment 24197View attachment 24198View attachment 24200View attachment 24201
By the way
I have heard that the cyphers of the enemy rulers were removed if they were still alive .
It is my understanding if they had passed away the cypher remained
Example the KAGGR # 1
Steve

By the way
I have heard that the cyphers of the enemy rulers were removed if they were still alive .
It is my understanding if they had passed away the cypher remained
Example the KAGGR # 1
Steve
Really interesting. In truth it is the first time that I am aware of this particular fact.
It is really true that you never stop learning.
Thanks you Steve for the valuable information. Have you some dated post 1916 shoulder straps or uniform from KAGGR 1?

Really interesting. In truth it is the first time that I am aware of this particular fact.
Thanks you Steve for the valuable information. Have you some dated post 1916 shoulder straps or uniform from KAGGR 1?
All of the Feldgrau straps of KAGGR # 1 that I have seen still have the cypher
I will try and think of some other examples
To answer your question
I do NOT have Feldgrau e m examples of KAGGR # 1
I did have a Friedensrock Feldgrau Waffenrock for an officer to KAGGR # 1
it still had the cyphers on the straps
I traded it to Mike Kelso
It appears that I do not have a photo of file
I will try and locate one
Steve

Zeb
Here is a copy & paste of an email form Mike Kelso
who wrote the book on Imperial German shoulder straps ';
Steve, you are correct. Cyphers of enemies still living were removed while long dead ones were retained. Examples inlcude KAGGR1, GDR1, etc. Cyphers were removed in May 1917 though some regiments removed them earlier. Of course, enemies were removed as Chef of the Regiment at beginning of war. Examples include King George, Czar Nicholas, Queen Margaretha of Italy (JB11), etc.

Mike

Also Mike send me the requested photo of the KAGGR # 1 Feldgrau Fredensrock
that I traded to him KAGGR1Feldgrau F R.jpg

Zeb
Very nice pickelhaube and dress jacket! However, I’m a little concerned 😟 that they do not fit in with your primary collection of ersatz Pickelhauben. I therefore offer to take are of them for you . 😎 After all that is what friends for 😂
Best regards
John 🤙🏻

Zeb
Very nice pickelhaube and dress jacket! However, I’m a little concerned 😟 that they do not fit in with your primary collection of ersatz Pickelhauben. I therefore offer to take are of them for you . 😎 After all that is what friends for 😂
Best regards
John 🤙🏻
John, my dear friend,
dont' be concerned :eek:. I thank you for your kind thought and for the help you offer me. After all, true friends are seen in times of need. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zeb
Here is a copy & paste of an email form Mike Kelso
who wrote the book on Imperial German shoulder straps ';
Steve,
Your information is certainly of interest to collector's community. I thank you for having published it for all of us. Your vast knowledge of the imperial miliaria is evident. I believe is due to years and years of study and collecting.👏👏
Thank you and continue to enlighten us.
P.S. The KAGGR1 feldgrau fredensrock you posted is really outstanding.
Zeb

Steve,
Your information is certainly of interest to collector's community. I thank you for having published it for all of us. Your vast knowledge of the imperial miliaria is evident. I believe is due to years and years of study and collecting.👏👏
Thank you and continue to enlighten us.
P.S. The KAGGR1 feldgrau fredensrock you posted is really outstanding.
Zeb
Zeb
Thank you
Any collector interested in shoulder straps ( and some epaulettes )
I advise them to get a copy of Mike Kelso's book on I G shoulder straps .
He did 2 printings and both sold out
It can still be had on disc
If interested contact Mike Kelso
Steve

I have a digital copy of Kelso’s book and keep in my Dropbox so I can access on my phone/tablet/laptop when needed. It’s a handy book to own.

Zeb
Thank you
Any collector interested in shoulder straps ( and some epaulettes )
I advise them to get a copy of Mike Kelso's book on I G shoulder straps .
He did 2 printings and both sold out
It can still be had on disc
If interested contact Mike Kelso
Steve
Is Mike Kelso also on this forum Steve?
I searched everywhere for his book but didn't find it, as expected.
I would like to have the disc of it, but do not know how to contact him, unfortunately.
If you know how I can reach him, let me know will you? By e-mail or here via PM.
Thanks in advance!

Regards, Coert.

Is Mike Kelso also on this forum Steve?
I searched everywhere for his book but didn't find it, as expected.
I would like to have the disc of it, but do not know how to contact him, unfortunately.
If you know how I can reach him, let me know will you? By e-mail or here via PM.
Thanks in advance!

Regards, Coert.
oert ;
I just sent you a P M
Steve

Back