Sachsen Schützen!

Joe,
Yes, I've got that one. An excellent book, in my opinion, but it doesn't cover the post-1914 years.

Thanks!
K-B

K-B,

The three volumes of Kraus have descriptions, photos of Jäger uniforms at the Bavarian Army Museum and period photos.

Cron gives the wartime overview of the developement of the Jäger troops. "History of 251 Divisions of the German Army..." gives the divisional order of battle, which tells you where the Jäger units were at any given time.

Chip

Today's treat from Colonel Ron.
Saxon reserve officer Schützen.
Saxon%2001.JPG

Saxon%2002.JPG

Saxon%2003.JPG

Ron lives pretty close to SOS -- we'll hope to see him there!

joerookery said:
Today's treat from Colonel Ron.
Saxon reserve officer Schützen.
Very Nice. Good of Ron to let you post the photos. I thought of getting one of these but decided to try and find a good photo of one being worn instead. A touch cheaper than the Tschako, but even the photo is proving hard to find. Notice that the officer's version is basically the same helmet, but the twin row of rings is actually embrodiered vs. the NCOs which had one (or two) rings of Waffenrock lace sewn around the top.

Chip

A very rare and hauntingly familiar cover! Can you post a couple more pics of the cover on the tschako? Since this is the only one I've ever seen, perhaps starting a thread on covers would be in order...

Dave

Tony,

I can't figure out how to get a full size picture out of this photo hosting site. The only options it seems to offer me are thumbnails.

Yes, it's an enlisted M15, marked on the inside of the visor "108.R"

Dave,

I thought you might recognize it. I think it is a private purchase piece, but I like it anyway! :wink:

It's times like these that I wish I had a good digital camera. I think I can take stills with my digital videocam, but I'm not sure what kind of quality I will get. I'll get it out this weekend.

I would like to see a helmet cover thread. I have an example for most if not all of the headgear types.

Chip

I agree with Chip, I would like to see a few uberzugs. I have one in particular that I would like some feed back on. Brian

I hope you guys don't mind me posting my very limited collection of 108 stuff. Isn't isn't exactly one I would put on my head, but nonetheless a rare item marked for the 108.

DSC_1231.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg

DSC_1234.jpg

The scabbard matches this S98 alter Art mit Säge. The troddel is for Saxon NCO, too bad the strap has lost its green stripes... but it will do for now. The piece is dated 1902 and interestingly enough it has Prussian Abnahme for King Wilhelm II of Prussia. All Saxon S98aAmS will have this. Erfurt was the only firm capable of making this model at this time and Prussia had already booked them for a long time, but Saxony pulled a deal with them probably to get some.

Below a postcard I have with a 108 Schützen-Füselier, I believe he has the Felt Tsjapka shown here by dave mosher.
Well, an EM version...
5842484768_abc37869bf_b.jpg

link to full size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/paranoid_womb/5841935833/in/set-72157626895031035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back