Sachsen with some Sex Appeal

Lost Skeleton

I acquired this Sachsen Fähnrich Feldartillerie Kugelhelm a while back and never got around to photographing it. The gewölbt other ranks star is fairly arresting. The Rosetten with screw posts (employed on Modelle 1856 through 1871) are also of interest.

i-8TGxxPM-X2.jpg

i-6Wf9SLx-X2.jpg

i-XFqWhCn-L.jpg

i-TL8TLLs-X2.jpg

i-9BXvzxh-XL.jpg

Chas

You can clearly see the inprint of the star into the shell
Are those initials from the manufacturer who made the helmet
Nice find on this one :thumb up:

Jonas

It's a little rough, and the condition is lower than your normal standard, but I think this one will do until you can upgrade. :joker:

That is one of the most beautiful private purchase FAR I have ever seen. I absolutely love Mannschaften helmets with screw posts. Nicely done! :thumbright:

Good to see you posting again
Who did you settle on for photos ?
Very nice helmet
thanks for the photos

Steve

Hi Steve:

Thanks! I am using SmugMug. The service and customer care have been absolutely top-notch. $3.99 per month when billed annually ($47.88 per year), completely secure, and not an advertisement in sight. I really did some homework, and decided this was the best option for me.

https://www.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas

Great helmet Chas and fantastic condition....truly up to your usual standards! :). Good to see excellent photos again, Logan recommended SM to me and I have joined. I need to find time to make some photo posts. We have been busy with the kitchen reno.

Back