Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach

Austin1914

Hello everyone, I was hoping to learn something about a feldmutze I recently bought. The state colors being green gold and black, I understand it to be from Saxe-weimar-Eisenach. I was wondering what regiment(or regiments) would this hat be associated with? I thought maybe I could be on the lookout for shoulder boards to match. Unfortunately it is in pretty terrible condition! But I’m just glad to own a piece of history! I would post pictures but I need to figure that out again since I don’t have the same computer as I did last time I posted(over a year ago). Thank you for any knowledge you can lend me!

Austin1914 said:
Hello everyone, I was hoping to learn something about a feldmutze I recently bought. The state colors being green gold and black, I understand it to be from Saxe-weimar-Eisenach. I was wondering what regiment(or regiments) would this hat be associated with? I thought maybe I could be on the lookout for shoulder boards to match. Unfortunately it is in pretty terrible condition! But I’m just glad to own a piece of history! I would post pictures but I need to figure that out again since I don’t have the same computer as I did last time I posted(over a year ago). Thank you for any knowledge you can lend me!

Try this site:

https://imgur.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy to use, easy to load, and free. So far it has worked for me.

John :)

Here we go! I think this should work, take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think! https://imgur.com/gallery/74b0F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is a very rare piece. The Mutze has seen better days, but there can't be too many of these around.

If you copy the BBC code from Imgur and paste it directly into your post, the photos will show up in the forum without having to open them separately.

John :thumb up:

The state cockade colors of green, gold (or yellow), and black reflect the colors of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. The grand duchy fielded the Infanterie-Regiment Grossherzog von Sachsen (5. Thueringisches) Nr. 94. The regiment was a part of the 38th Division in XI Army Corps.

Thank you all for the helpful responses! I'm glad I bought it now despite its rough condition. It was here in Florida, and was listed for sale as being Saxon. I guess they were kind of close, but I knew the colors would've been white and green if that were the case. Thanks again!

Its not a feldmutze you find every day so i would not bother it
Its been in the field so its got a history to tell
Would even be greater if it would have a name tag or a written name in it to track down
Al en al a great piece of history

Jonas

Back