Saxe Weimar FAdj Helmet J Turinetti

Bruno and Arran area absolutely correct! I was so enamored with the star on this helmet that I overlooked all of the other very important points. I let my heart over-run my mind. A rookie mistake. I should have stopped and read my own book. Oh well, I have learned an important lesson, and thanks again guys for pointing it out.

jimturinetti said:
Bruno and Arran area absolutely correct! I was so enamored with the star on this helmet that I overlooked all of the other very important points. I let my heart over-run my mind. A rookie mistake. I should have stopped and read my own book. Oh well, I have learned an important lesson, and thanks again guys for pointing it out.

:oops: :oops: Same here :oops: :oops: ](*,)

In the book "Deutsche Offiziershelme, band 1 by J.Hisenbeck" I found the following photos of a general helmet of Grand Duke Wilhelm Ernst himself.
Of course with gold colored fittings, but the eagle has the Bandeau with "Koenig" .... and not "Fuerst" ...
According to the text once auctioned at Kube, Sugenheim)

All very confusing ...saxweim2.JPGsaxweim1.JPG

"Koenig not Fuerst"....probably an expression that he was the "vassal" of the Kaiser??

2nd.Leibhusar said:
In the book "Deutsche Offiziershelme, band 1 by J.Hisenbeck" I found the following photos of a general helmet of Grand Duke Wilhelm Ernst himself.
Of course with gold colored fittings, but the eagle has the Bandeau with "Koenig" .... and not "Fuerst" ...

All very confusing

Interesting, and perhaps not so confusing. Apparently, the Garde eagle with the Fuerst motto was only used on Sachsen-Weimar Fluegeladjutant silver helmets. It is said that General(s) wore the regular Prussian Garde eagle in gold color, with the Saxony arms. However, the number of generals in Sachsen-Weimar, from 1866 to WWI, was... 1. Talking of a rare helmet...
As Brian mentioned, the Grand-Duke was perhaps acknowledging he had been subjugated by the Kaiser, since the small Sachsen-Weimar contingent had joined the Prussian army to constitute IR94.

2nd.Leibhusar said:

All very confusing ...

It is strange that the state cockade on Hilsenbeck's picture is green/white/green (Saxon Duchies), whereas the Sachsen-Weimar cockade was yellow/green/black.

[/quote]

Interesting, and perhaps not so confusing. Apparently, the Garde eagle with the Fuerst motto was only used on Sachsen-Weimar Fluegeladjutant silver helmets. It is said that General(s) wore the regular Prussian Garde eagle in gold color, with the Saxony arms. However, the number of generals in Sachsen-Weimar, from 1866 to WWI, was... 1. Talking of a rare helmet...
As Brian mentioned, the Grand-Duke was perhaps acknowledging he had been subjugated by the Kaiser, since the small Sachsen-Weimar contingent had joined the Prussian army to constitute IR94.
[/quote]

That make sense.
thanks for your clear explanation ..

Back