Saxon EM M95

poniatowski said:
b.loree said:
Philippe: Some new information on M91 side posts for me, excellent. Would you please post those pictures and information on our M91 post thread? I had noticed differences, but I just thought this was due to different manufacturing by different makers.

Ditto. Now I'll have to look at side posts on my helmets. Always something new to do! :)

:D Ron

Indeed!!!! And thanks!

b.loree said:
Philippe: Some new information on M91 side posts for me, excellent. Would you please post those pictures and information on our M91 post thread? I had noticed differences, but I just thought this was due to different manufacturing by different makers.

Brian,

Sorry for delaying to do that...I just did it now :wink:

Philippe
:wink:

I finally got time to look properly at the Kokarden. The Reich's kokarde is indeed an obvious repro-thin metal, poorly defined and poorly painted. I'm sure the Saxon kokarde is a repro too, but this is different in that it's not just poorly defined and poorly painted, but it seems to be made of thin plastic, painted white on both sides. I suspect it's one of the types James flagged up in the thread on 'Kokarden' in 'Pickelhaube Discussion 'as for sale in 1975 as 'vacu-formed plastic rosettes'. Any other ideas?

Still looking for an original smooth edge Saxon kokarde!

Patrick

Very nice one, Patrick.
The regiment could also be 102R (this is what I read at first).
Below is M95. This mark is specific to saxon helmets. M stands for magasin. And the date is when the helmet was first received.
You should find a genuine saxon cockade. It deserves it!
Bruno ;
Per Randy T. that was style of Saxon kokard was worn later on .
I take randy at his word
He has been at the game a long time
Steve

Back