Saxon EM R.104

gardist22

Hello, here is my latest find, a saxon EM haube from regiment 104. No removebale spike and unfortunately without cokardes, but the price was fine!
The rear stamp is "16 104 R" and a "J". I think the 16 stand for the year 1916, but i am not sure about this. I have no idea about the "J" and hope you can help me.
torstenIMG_1484.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1485.JPG
    IMG_1485.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1486.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
Quite unusual stamp...It maybe could be 1B 104 R (1. Bataillon). It´s unusual, because such stamps with regiment and bataillon in the same stamp are very mostly encountered on Reserve and Landwehr units stamps...I have absolutely no idea for the "J"...:unsure:

Philippe
;)

f = feldbrauchbar --> could be worn back in the field.
It would be a small "f", similar to what is pictured, but upside down from the other stamp.
Just a thought. This helmet looks to be in too good of a condition to bear this stamp.

John

It would be a small "f", similar to what is pictured, but upside down from the other stamp.
Just a thought. This helmet looks to be in too good of a condition to bear this stamp.

John
I agree with John. It is probably an "f". Wearable in the field. It is indeed in good condition.

John
John nailed it! (y)(y)

Philippe
;)

Back