Saxon Ersatz felt busby?????

09fritz2547

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190980057517&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:BE:1120#ht_139wt_1316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johan

Looks real to me.....liner is correct, pointed tongues, chin strap buckles good, loops for cap lines. Feldzeichen looks proper but a real close up showing that it is hand stitch would confirm things. The rust stains on the inside caused by the wappen loops also adds to originality. The kokarde is the correct non serrated type but gives me the impression of being repainted. Again a clear close up would solve this. Overall, I think it is an exceptionally good piece and original. However, I do have to make one proviso to cover my butt......I have never handled one of these. If it is a fake, it is a really good one.

Does the inside of the liner seem to be tan/natural leather color, or does it seem to be dyed black like the side that touches the wearer's head?

The small cord loops for the retaining cord are attached the the felt body with little squares of leather. Does that match any known original felt busbies?

Back