saxon football...

MadMax13

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-SAXON-EM-ERSATZ-SPIKED-HELMET-VERY-RARE-TYPE-ORG-/290518608163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a4422923

I think there is a picture of one of these helmets in Kraus's The German Army 1914-1918. Girlfriend is sleeping and the book is heavy and loud so can't say for sure right now.

Never doubted it being legit, it looks great :D I just thought it was an interesting one, with the shell stitching and all. I was curious what you gents had to say. I've never seen this type of ersatz before.

Check out the interior....cork covered with cloth??? A very nice example of a rare variant of the Ersatz Haube.

Idiotic. All that helmet is, is a cork Ersatz with replaced leather visors painted black. So all you have to do is put EXTREMELY RARE in your ebay ad, sit back and watch the poorly informed go crazy. The seller must be laughing all the way to the bank.

weirdpyramid said:
I think there is a picture of one of these helmets in Kraus's The German Army 1914-1918. Girlfriend is sleeping and the book is heavy and loud so can't say for sure right now.

I know, you opened the book and snapped it shut right next to her ear'ole didn't you? :D

Back