Saxon Garde Reiter 1st Regiment Grouping

JohnM

Here's my latest grouping:

IMG_0704.jpg

Includes correct M89 Pallasch and sword belt. Not sure about the sword knot though. I thought it had to have a green core but this one is all white.

Lastly I need to find the kitty cat for Parade but I haven't seen one in a long time and they wanted a years GNP of Panama for it...

John:
Beautiful grouping! As you stated, I don't think the sword knot is correct. It doesn't appear that the Unteroffizier tape is added to the tresse so his rank would be a Obergefreiter. I'm not sure at what point the 1st level of NCOs (Gefreiter, Obergefreiter, Unteroffizier, Sergeant)would be allowed the Unteroffizier Faustriemen, but I think he would have a leather strap, a mixed white and green wool crown and a white wool tassel with a green core. BTW, there is a "big kitty" for sale in Manions (of all places!) With commision it only comes up to $7150... :lol:

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Tony and James I will post some more pictures of the helmet and the koller tonight when I get home. I will take more pictures of the items individually.

Wait till you see my next new grouping Tony :lol:

Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation. The sword came with the know but was not purchased with the koller. I could not help getting the sword as it finishes the grouping. Thank you for the heads up on the Kitty! Manions tho gives me heartburn. I have purchased a couple of nice things but I got burned on a couple of others. Guess we shall see!

John

JohnM said:
Wait till you see my next new grouping Tony

Super...I am afraid to ask, if your next grouping is a good as this one. I hope you will wait a few weeks and enjoy the accolades for this brilliant Sachsen Garde Reiter grouping, as I have a nice little grouping to show on Friday (dibs on Friday). Like my "Feldgrau Fall" theme last year, this year it is "Feldartillerie Fall".

I am looking forward to more photos. I have had a few chances to buy a SGRR Koller, but passed, as those helmets are so bloody expensive! And the hat will be tricky to find as well.

grr.jpg

As requested:

71505028.jpg

71505029.jpg

71505030.jpg

71505031.jpg

71505032.jpg

Now for some fun...Here is a Koller from Regiment 2 with the rare walking out trousers. They are owner tagged. I was going to take the same exact foto with the 2nd Regiment Koller but I ran out of light:

71505033.jpg

71505034.jpg

71505035.jpg

71505037.jpg

71505038.jpg

71505040.jpg

Only one picture on file of the helm, sorry...will take more soon.

saxoncav2.jpg

Thanks for the post John> These are exciting pieces I have never seen good pics of this SGR equipment before! Brian

Nice to see Cavalry grouping's. Very nice addition , thank's for sharing
I am trying imagine what the whole unit would look like on Parade.
Mark

It's militaria like that which makes collecting Imperial german so great! But, and please forgive my ignorance, what is this kitty cat that you speak of?

And what kind of sword knot do you think that is? It certainly doesn't seem to be any kind of state knot that I have ever seen. As Dave Mosher says, and as far as I know, the correct faustriemen would be as he described.

Beautiful!!

Hello Seiten,

No need to excuse yourself. It was my fault as I was joking around with guys. The Kitty Kat I was refering to is the Parade Lion the Saxon Garde Reiter Reg. 1 would wear on their helmets for parade instead of the spike. Bad joke I know :oops:

It looks like this:

54230-6005-1-W1.jpg

As for the sword knot, it came with the sword and I am remiss to remove it until I figure out what it is. I will take some closeups and get some of the guys great opinions before I give it the heave ho.

John

So you end up with a helmet that looks like this.........

sachsengardereiternmjh8.jpg

I still can't decide which I like best, the Prussian Garde du Corps or this one! Perhaps both!!

1650174236_5b9cc93e4e_b.jpg

..that's just about blown my budget for the year; but worth it. Waiting for this to arrive in the post was somewhat nerve wrackıng!

Great helmet. Prices still go over the top. An enlisted helmet with parde lion was recently sold at hermann historica http://www.hermann-historica.com/ item 2464 for euro 16.000,== (23% should be added).

Congratulations,

Ad

istanbulian,

Breathtaking is about all I can say! One of the two most beautiful military helmets ever made (the other, of course, being the Prussian Garde du Corps....at least in my opinion :D ).

Great photos too!

I also like the Russian Imperial Garde helmet , as well as the 2 already mentioned. Nice to see pic's I can only ever drem of having one.
Mark

zipperheads9 said:
I also like the Russian Imperial Garde helmet , as well as the 2 already mentioned. Nice to see pic's I can only ever drem of having one.
Mark
Yes, Mark, I'd forgotten about the Russian helmets....but I think I like them AFTER Saxon Garde Reiter and Prussian Garde du Corps. :D

Back