Saxon helmet on Ebay 6561039039

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
What are everybody's thoughts on this one? I asked for more pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6561039039&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Thanks

James

Appears to be an Officer's helmet of the Sachsen Karabiners. It also can be a service (non-parade) helmet of the Sachsen Garde Reiter. The pics on eBay don't show the colors well, but it doesn't look messed with. If you get some interior pics, please post them here. This one will not remain a "sleeper" very long
MfG,
Stephen

Thanks for the reply, that is what I was leaning to as well, I will post photo's when I get them.

I think I may have to go after this one!!!

James

Jim, I noticed that the eBay site stated "Local Pickup only", which could cost you a lot, but later in the ad he says delivery is possible. You might want to verify that, as this is going to be an expensive helmet.
Stephen

Nice helmet but a major flaw: the liner is missing...
Bruno

I was worried about the liner as he really does not mention it, that is the photo's that I requested, still no reply??

Thanks

James

Just got a photo of the inside confirms no liner, I will pass on this helmet.

Cannot get photo's to work, it is not working like it use to???

But if someone wants me to e-mail it to them, let me know.

James

linera.JPG

Picture of liner, or lack of!

James

I received an e-mail from a guy in Germany regarding this helmet;its a copy,a tarnished one at that.The real thing would go for a much greater price.The seller pulled it,guess he figured he was made.

Hey Whitey, great to see you back, I see that you are haveing to log on as a guest, there is a proble with registration (all data was lost when the site was hacked)
Best wishes
Gus

Back