Saxon Husaren Regt. Nr. 19

Adler

A while ago, I attended one of the smaller German militaria shows. Because I just left home to late, I was also very late at the show. I was really surprised to find this busby still for sale… maybe there was something wrong that I didn’t see, maybe the price was not good, maybe…

Anyway, I asked a good friend what his thoughts were and he also confirmed it as an original. The seller could go down to a reasonable price and so I could ride home as a happy collector…

The busby came together with the original box, its parade plume for NCO, fangschnur for NCO and a spare fangschnur for enlisted man. I wonder why the spare one is for EM; maybe the owner got promoted or so? We’ll probably never know…

This Husaren regt. 19 busby seems to be a private purchase, but why does it have this stamp of the second Eskadron? Also on the box we can see that the owner was with the second Eskadron. The name is faded, but also this old German writing still has a lot of secrets for me, so the name appears to be something like Walter Rülike. I enhanced the last picture of the bottom of the box a little bit, but I can’t make more of that. Maybe someone can throw some light in the darkness here? Thanks in advance!

Please enjoy the pictures gentlemen!

Adler

View attachment 4

View attachment 3

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

Fantastic condition, with all the bells and whistles... this is really a unique find. Lucky you!

Beautiful. Absolutely no doubt it is is Eigentumsstück with that interior. What a beautiful Pelzmütze!

I wrote an article on unit stamps in private purchase clothing and headgear.

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/ht/eigentum.htm

Perhaps you will find it helpful. Tony

Thank you very much for your nice comments Gentlemen! And also extra great thanks to Tony for this great article he has written.
Tony you really know everything!

Adler

Hilarious! If I knew everything I'd be rocketing around the the planet in my restored British Airways Concord!

A collector is only as good as his reference books :study:

You are so right about the books… only I was so excited about posting this busby, I didn't search for any info. Is that normal? I guess the excitement wins sometimes from common sence :-"

Adler

Back