Saxon M15

poniatowski

Okay, this is one off of ebay. It has replaced leather on the chin strap (you'll notice two different finishes on the strap fittings due to the one that came with the helmet way back when being made from two straps.... I know.... weird). I thought the markings for the Unteroffizier Schule was interesting as well as the tag with the name of the Schuller inside.
Having been to Dresden last summer (where this was manufactured), made me want this one a bit more.
According to the seller (in the hobby for forty some years now), everything else (cockades etc) are original to the helmet and they look good to me. So, a nicely marked Unteroffizier Schule helmet (Marienburg, I think) for you to look at.

DSCN1738.jpg

DSCN1741.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN1739.jpg

DSCN1743.jpg

DSCN1746.jpg

These great photos were taken by the seller. I haven't done any photo'ing of it yet.

:D Ron

Nice looking helmet! The seller you got this from is top notch, does not get much better then him!

James

That is an incredible find! The marking is extremely nice and you got one heck of a deal. There are deals out there but you have to know what you're looking for. Great job and congratulations! :bravo:

Thanks all,

James, that's good to hear. He seemed very honest to me as well. My take on the strap is that it showed up broken in the middle (two straps) and was maybe sewn together when it was bought? Anyway, he kept the fittings and made a pretty good looking replacement.

Nice find; saw it on eBay too and the seller is actually one of us if I'm not mistaken...
I have a question regarding the Saxon Cockade: Mine is painted white and green (see pic hereafter) while other examples like the one above come with the original metal grey color alongside the green... the same applies for other states (e.g. Bavaria)... What does this mean?
SaxonHeerEMKokarden-1.jpg

Dunno, Ron, wondered th' same thing myself. My officer Saxon has a more silver finish to the cockade. Might be a school thing, manufacturer thing, individual thing.... maybe Tony or somebody else would know.

Back