Saxon Pioneer Stein Collection

Word on the street is that at least 2 beers have to be drunk from each Stein per month in order to preserve the porcelain, is this true? 😊 Excellent collection of Saxe pioneer steins congratulations. 👍

Well, the mystery of where all the Saxon Pioneer Steins go to live has been finally solved!

Well done PionierHorn! That is a fantastic collection! If I may ask how did you become focused on this grouping?

John

My Grandfather Walter Horn was inducted into the 1st recruit depot of the Ersatz-Pionier-Battaillon Nr.22which was located at Riesa Saxony. On July22 1917 he was transferred to Pionier (Mineur-) Kompagnie Nr. 323 Then on December 13 1918 was promoted to Gefreiter and on the next day awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class. I have his iron cross and Military Pass book. Thank You

Last edited:
Some beautiful steins on display here. I think collecting steins makes for a really interesting hobby.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Be very careful with regimental steins. About 30 years ago I decided to buy just one stein to go with my helmet collection and look what that did to me. As you can see from part of my collection in the photograph the things are addictive.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Be very careful with regimental steins. About 30 years ago I decided to buy just one stein to go with my helmet collection and look what that did to me. As you can see from part of my collection in the photograph the things are addictive.
I did the same thing with smoking pipes --- but not to that extent.
Absolutely amazing collection.

John

Awesome collection R1! I think that just trying to preserve the steins in one of those cabinets would finish off my liver. Great picture, thanks for the post. 👍

Back