Saxon shako covers

joerookery

I am not a shako man. Sounds like a song by the Village People!
"Shako, shako man -- I want to be a shako man."
Okay too much beer. Check this out an oilskin Uberzug.
oilcover1.jpg
13J.jpg
13j.2.jpg
13j.3.jpg
13Jaeger.jpg
oilcover2.jpg

Joe, these are not yours are they??? My main interest for the last year has been Sachsen Tschako and these items are right at the top of my search list. Who do they belong to?

Tony,

Of course these could be part of my collection in the basement except for I do not have a basement. Actually, there are two people who have monikers. There is "she who must be obeyed." There is also "he whom doesn't want anyone to know who he is." Suffice it to say it is a collector who sends me all sorts of good stuff. He is one knowledgeable guy and I'm sure if he wants to sell the oilskin, he will pass the word. He thought you all would enjoy it.

The oilskin markings match those on the shako, cool! I especially like the cloth cover with the unit numbers. :shock: My cover is not marked. :( Think he would trade? :?:

Chip

Not just the oilskin, all three. Frankly I do not ever expect to be lucky enough to find one of those or a cover. I am looking actively for a pre-war Jager Btln Tschako. Joe, I wish you would mention when you post pics that they are someone else's, every time you do this I keep thinking that you have made a huge score and I get chest pains when I see this rarity!

Back