Saxony private purchase Pickelhaube / matching helmet cover

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Saxony-private-purchase-Pickelhaube-matching-helmet-cover-OFFERS-WELCOME-/121662857538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c53abe142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see no problems with the helmet, other than the condition of the liner, everything else seems to be original and correct. The helmet is pre 1891 due to the bolt on chin scales and the old style enlisted pearl ring on the spike.
The uberzug has all the correct ink stamps for a private purchase "officer" piece especially the DRP one. The other stamp looks like it could be some sort of shield, a makers' mark. It is too big for this helmet so in my opinion did not come with the helmet. The condition of the cover is excellent. I could not state "genuine original" without having it in hand. We have an uberzug thread on the site and I would recommend you study that for further information. I would request close up pics of the numbers both inside and out from the seller so you can look at the stitching and compare with those shown on the forum.
Uberzug copies are being made in Europe.

Back