Schirmmützen – Württemberg Blues

Jeff R

An interesting (to me, anyway) grouping of Württemberg blue/yellow cavalry caps (partly inspired by the excellent examples of cornflower blue variations found on Tony’s site).

From left to right:

Officer of Ulanen-Regiment König Wilhelm I (2. Württembergisches) Nr.20 – the classic very deep “dark blue” of the Uhlan regiments

Enlisted Dragoon of Dragoner-Regiment König (2. Württembergisches) Nr.26 – the enlisted version “cornflower blue”

Officer of Dragoner-Regiment König (2. Württembergisches) Nr.26 – the much lighter Dragoon officer version of “cornflower blue.”

Wurt Blue 1.jpg

Wurt Blue 2.jpg

Wurt Blue 3.jpg

Interestingly, the EM cap has an owner label for a Dragoner in the “Ersatz-Esqadron” – as far as I know, the “Ersatz” squadron was only formed upon mobilization, as a replacement pool. If that’s right, then this was one of the last of the “Dunkelblau” caps issued before everything thereafter was Feldgrau.

Wurt Blue 4.jpg

An interesting (to me, anyway) grouping of Württemberg blue/yellow cavalry caps (partly inspired by the excellent examples of cornflower blue variations found on Tony’s site).

From left to right:

Officer of Ulanen-Regiment König Wilhelm I (2. Württembergisches) Nr.20 – the classic very deep “dark blue” of the Uhlan regiments

Enlisted Dragoon of Dragoner-Regiment König (2. Württembergisches) Nr.26 – the enlisted version “cornflower blue”

Officer of Dragoner-Regiment König (2. Württembergisches) Nr.26 – the much lighter Dragoon officer version of “cornflower blue.”

View attachment 35862

View attachment 35863

View attachment 35864

Interestingly, the EM cap has an owner label for a Dragoner in the “Ersatz-Esqadron” – as far as I know, the “Ersatz” squadron was only formed upon mobilization, as a replacement pool. If that’s right, then this was one of the last of the “Dunkelblau” caps issued before everything thereafter was Feldgrau.

View attachment 35865
Beautiful view. Yellow in german militaria is always fashinating.

Back