Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt IR 96 Offizier

Gents,

How about this one? The patina on the nickel-silver star looks fine, the reserve cross bears the correct "Fürst" motto, and the heraldic eagle doesn't, as is correct. The state Kokarde looks a bit shiny, however?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pickelhaube-Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt-/121029353602?pt=Militaria&hash=item1c2de96082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best regards

Marcel

Without seeing the back of the wappen, I wouldn't trust it. Wrong colours on the cockade too.

How about this: I asked the seller to send some pictures of the backside of the eagle, and of the helmet front without the eagle... As a reply he bluntly confirms he refuses to do so!

Then forget it. IMHO. It's worth your while to wait and wait if you need to. The wrong cockade itself is a red flag, although everything 'looks good' other than that. I wouldn't trust it either.

:D Ron

I agree. If the seller refuses to send pictures without the eagle attached, he either knows it is a fake, or he has no idea how to check if it is a fake. In either case, forget about him.

Back