Riemen95

Hi everyone,
I search:
- original bavarian cockade
- 2 original chinstraps for M15 pickelhaube
- original chinstrap for M95 pickelhaube

Thanks to all,
Dario

Keep checking Ebay France chinstraps come up almost every other week.
But they prices are for more than original officer's chin scales !!!
I got a set of brass c strip about a month ago and had to pay close to $300 .
By the time it was delivered it cost over $350 !!
Way too much for a set of chinstraps.

Hi everyone,
I search:

Thanks to all,
Dario

Over the years, I have found M15 & M95 chinstraps by purchasing lesser condition pickelhaubes with a chinstrap on them, from eBay and other sources. I believe that is likely what most of our members do here. Others here likely purchase poor quality pickelhaubes that may have a decent chinstrap, in order to replace the missing chinstrap for one of their helmets. I then re-sell the pickelhaube minus the chinstrap.

If and when a decent chinstrap comes up for sale by itself on eBay, they normally will bring $300, sometimes more than that, as Matthew has said above this posting of mine.

Not to discourage you in your quest for a chinstrap here on this forum: I also rather doubt that anyone who might have a spare chinstrap in their parts box would be willing to give it up for any price, since everyone knows that it's more likely to find a helmet without a chinstrap on it, than to find one with the original chinstrap intact. Of course it never hurts to ask as you have here with your request. One never knows the generosity of other members here on this fine forum.

Best Wishes,

Alan

I wish you luck, original chinstraps are near impossible to find and when you do see one every other helmet collector also has their finger on the button. Then adding the fact that every dealer knows how much value is added to a helmet with a chinstrap its gonna be a hard search.

Of course the hunt is half the enjoyment of this condition we all suffer from.

Again I wish you luck (y)

I wish you luck, original chinstraps are near impossible to find and when you do see one every other helmet collector also has their finger on the button. Then adding the fact that every dealer knows how much value is added to a helmet with a chinstrap its gonna be a hard search.

Of course the hunt is half the enjoyment of this condition we all suffer from.

Again I wish you luck (y)
A doctor collector of spiked helmets once told me
that collecting helmets was a " mild form of mental illness "
I stuffer from it
Steve

Hi everyone,
I search:

Thanks to all,
Dario
@Riemen95 , there's an, in my opninion, nice chinstrap for an M95 for sale on Ebay-france.
You might give it a try, bidding isn't that heavy at the moment, but that might change.

Regards, Coert.

Back