Shako emblem

Got it!
1024: Tschakoembleme
Limitpreis: 100 Euro
Inf.Rgt. No.92. Mannschaft. Trageweise 1849-94. Feinzink. Befestigungsösen. Gute Nachfertigungen.
Zustand: II
cfr;
http://www.stauffer-auktionen.de/en/last-auction/militaria-bis-1918.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks great to me, but I truly know very little about these skulls..... congrats. Could you post a pic of the back once you receive it? I would like to see how it was fastened the the tschako.....that is if its not too much trouble to get it off that mounting board. If so no worries, just curious.

Hello.

I just discover this post.

The description say: "Gute Nachfertigungen" it's to say good copy and for, me when you see the rear side of the plates, there is no doubt it's a copy.

Best regards

timp_be

I don't know, but never the less I like it.
It was sold to me as original and said the auction house where it originaly came from was wrong.
Price was more then ok, so I took my chance, no one to blame if it is a copy!

Leone said:
Yes it is moulded, not stamped.

All original Braunschweig Kepi Totenkopf are cast. They are made from cast zinc and quite crude. As a result they are quite heavy, and 66 mm in height. It was 1st worn on the M1867 Kepi Totenkopf for the Braunschweig Infantry Leib-Battalion. On 28 Nov 1872, Braunschweigisches Infanterie-Regt. adopted the Preußen M1860 Jáger Tschako so the Totenkopf were removed from the Kepi and attached to the Tschako. When they did this, the bottom loop was cut off and ground flat as you can see in the photo of the reverse. All surviving examples I have seen have the bottom loop ground off.

TK9a.jpg

TK9b.jpg

TK9c.jpg

Well....I guess that sums it up and I learned something new. Nice to see you posting here T.

Back