She is mine. Mine all mine!

joerookery

PioneerOff.jpg
I finally talked Randy out of this wonderful helmet. Being the tremendous gentleman that he is. He offered it to me for what I would call a song.

It is a reserve pioneer officers M 15 style with a black felt (almost a velvet) body and fiber visors. It has a gold landwehr cross that is in the nonstandard small size. I will put pictures and everything up on the net shortly. Janet retired yesterday, today is our golf tournament, and then the really big party tonight. But in the middle of all this a wonderful wonderful helmet. I'm probably fooling myself, but I think it is the only one of its kind still in existence.

Joe, after reading the title of this thread, I told Maggie that Janet had retired and you were saying she is mine, all mine, then the photo poped up and Maggie said sone rude things about you. Nice Haube, but I would trade it for Janet.
Gus

PS Can she still call in air strikes when she is retired?

Awesome, Joe!

Would it be possible for you to photograph it outside without a flash? I'd like to see the shell in greater detail.

Thanks,

Chas.

Very nice and very happy for you. Now make Randy sell me a Saxon Guarde helmet for a song. What song did you sing by the way?

Congrats Joe on a very nice piece. I have never seen a reservist Pioneer officer before. Brian

Brian-

Not to spoil Joe's thunder, his blows mine away! I also got mine from Randy years ago. Not the nice velvet type Joe has, but still a nice lid.

looks like it is time to dust again!

James

pionres%20003.jpg

Hey James & Joe,
You guys are blowin' my mind with this stuff-Guess I have some work to do-Sorry I only collected the 3rd Reich stuff for 20 years-Alan

Joe:

Great helmet and congratulations! I love the M-15 officer helms. Now my question (and reasonable answer) is what happens for a reserve officer of PB 10? Do you get rid of the ribbons through the chest? I don't think so....

Dave

epsomgreen said:
Would it be possible for you to photograph it outside without a flash? I'd like to see the shell in greater detail.

Yes please. It it really a black felt shell? I do not think I have ever seen anything like that?

I posted the initial pictures of the helmet.
http://www.coljs.com/pickelhaube/ersatzpioneer.htm
I don't know about the is going outside thing in taking pictures. I did it, but either do not have the talent, the patience or the brains. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that at last night's party the consumption included 60 pounds of fajita meat, 10 gallons of Margarita, 20 bottles of wine, and an amazing 5 pounds of guacamole. My beer fridge has been seriously raided.

Okay my pictures suck. But I threw a good party, and we had a female mariachi band.

It it really a black felt shell?
M91.jpg
Yes, but Labrador dog hair does not look very good on it. I am struck by the use of a small hole for the M 91 posts and the cockades.

Dave,

This helmet has a nonstandard small landwehr cross. Yours has a nonstandard bandeau. It would be interesting to see if there is an example of one without the bandeau that is still sporting a landwehr cross.

Back