Shoulder Boards

Nickc

Does anyone know of a book or website that is the definitive work on shoulder boards? Thank you

You need Mike Kelso’s book.

Under Arms for the Kaiser 2nd Edition: Shoulder Insignia of the Imperial German Army's Regiments, 1871-1918

Thank you. That I must have, I am sucker for books like that. Plenty of PDF versions about, Amazon doesn't have it and trying to find a good old book is proving difficult so far. But I will succeed

I don't know if Mike is a member of this forum or not, but I just got my copy and this is definitely "required reading"!
I highly recommend it.

John

Mike did 2 private printings .The first was 200 copies .It sold out
He then did an expanded 2nd edition .Lots of "new " straps purchased
by Mike . myself and Wilhelm S. since the first book
It also sold out ( I THINK 100 copies )
on the CD you have everything
Enjoy
Steve

Mike did 2 private printings .The first was 200 copies .It sold out
He then did an expanded 2nd edition .Lots of "new " straps purchased
by Mike . myself and Wilhelm S. since the first book
It also sold out ( I THINK 100 copies )
on the CD you have everything
Enjoy
Steve
I am very much so much information in it, my wife always laughs becuase I never read fiction, now I have a laptop sized book

The last fiction that I read were the James Bond books when they came out in paperback.
Steve

Hello,
does anyone know where I can still get the book or the CD-ROM*. ;)
Thank you and kind regards, Jens

* Under Arms for the Kaiser: Shoulder Insignia of the Imperial German Army's Regiments 1871-1918

Hello,
does anyone know where I can still get the book or the CD-ROM*. ;)
Thank you and kind regards, Jens

* Under Arms for the Kaiser: Shoulder Insignia of the Imperial German Army's Regiments 1871-1918
Mike is still selling the C D as far as I know
He is trooper77 on American EBay
Steve

Mike is still selling the C D as far as I know
He is trooper77 on American EBay
Steve
Steve, great thank you a lot! I will contact him! ;) Thanks & best regards, Jens

addition: Mike contacted me and I was able to buy a digital copy (USB stick) from him! (y)

Last edited:
Back