KAGGR#1

This one that I hope Glenn can I D for me
I have owned this for some time
but never sure who it was for
not a cypher that I know
Thanks
SteveF A epaulette.jpg

Steve,

nothing so far. And I too agree that it is a "P L". The gold coloured braid is a little strange.

Regards
Glenn

I agree with the cypher , it looks the same to me
but the crowns do not match ...
Hi,
in the catalog "Rang und Dienstgradeabzeichen" (Museum Rastatt, page 11) a similar monogram Paul Friedrich Emil Leopold von Lippe is shown,
the rank crown is also a Fürsten-Hut. (the Inf-Rgt. 111 and the bavarian 2nd Inf.-Rgt. also had the Fürsten-Hut in their chiffre).

I suspect the modern depiction of the rank crown at WikiMedia (Prince Leoplod II) may not be entirely accurate.
Therefore, I also think Lippe (with Prince Leopold II) is very possible for Steve's epaulette.
;) Best regards, Jens

Attachments

• LippeDetmold.jpg
    LippeDetmold.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
in the catalog "Rang und Dienstgradeabzeichen" (Museum Rastatt, page 11) a similar monogram Paul Friedrich Emil Leopold von Lippe is shown,
the rank crown is also a Fürsten-Hut. (the Inf-Rgt. 111 and the bavarian 2nd Inf.-Rgt. also had the Fürsten-Hut in their chiffre).

I suspect the modern depiction of the rank crown at WikiMedia (Prince Leoplod II) may not be entirely accurate.
Therefore, I also think Lippe (with Prince Leopold II) is very possible for Steve's epaulette.
;) Best regards, Jens
Jens
Thanks
That sounds correct to me
Steve

Hi guys,

the issue for me is the colour of the thing. An adjutant for a German Prince should have silver halfmoons and epaulette braid. The uniform of the adjutants to the Fürst von Lippe is detailed in an article in the Zeitschrift für Heerekunde from 1937. The cypher is described as a "crowned Latin L".

Regards
Glenn

Hi guys,

the issue for me is the colour of the thing. An adjutant for a German Prince should have silver halfmoons and epaulette braid. The uniform of the adjutants to the Fürst von Lippe is detailed in an article in the Zeitschrift für Heerekunde from 1937. The cypher is described as a "crowned Latin L".

Regards
Glenn
Glenn
Thanks
But it almost has to be for an adjutant because the center is metal pattern ?
Steve

Back