Slip ons?

aicusv

Ok here's another question about boards. I know I read someplace about these but can remember anything other than they were used. The who or why I can't recall. The board appears to be the removal type worn on the 1910 uniform, piped red. There is a slip on made of the same material as the board and with a chain stitched 19 in red. Any information would be welcomed, thank you all.19 shoulder board..jpg

Thank you for the reply. I agree that this was a practice during the TR period. However, the material, color, and construction of the strap is very WWI. Also I recall now where I read about slip ons being used, it was by the Lehr Infantry Regiment (3rd Guards Division).

Need to see more photos. Backside view will tell us alot. What is the piping made from? Rayon or wool? Looks TR to me as well....so far.

Edit; was able to zoom in and I can see the piping. Clearly rayon. The same style as Panzerjäger boards. If I see the backside I will be able to tell if they are the late Luftwaffe HG boards, which were found in large numbers about 10 years ago.

Went back to take photo of boards and finally noticed the way the board is cut (dah). You are right it is TR period. The color, however, is a match to my 1915 pattern boards, but the piping is not wool. Guess I couldn't see past the chain stitched 19. At least I don't have much into them (they were a freebee). As my interest in the German military stops at 1918 - anyone know what they are?

Back