Tradition of London

Chas.

Time to tack on another photo. HMS Lion, Crimean War:

HMS-Lion.jpg

that is huge for lead . Nice piece.
I have a few pics of a couple larger figues I have done

ASHSomme.jpg

blackwatch1815.jpg

the first is A Firing line Figure from Wales .It is based on the Osprey book Markings of the Brittish Army 1914 -1918. thsis was an SB 1st July 1916.
Second is a Verlinden 120 mm Kit Frome Belgium. It is a Sargent Back Watch 1815 Center Company

Last is a painted Fiure I recieved as a gift from france it is a 25 MM Tommy from Games Foundry.Painter unkown

WW125MM.jpg

Mark

Neat stuff! Here are my favorites: as always, the Kaiser Alexander Garde Grenadiers. These figures are about 60mm scale, and were produced in the 1990's by an outfit called Guard Corps. Sadly, no longer in production.
Steve
IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

Hi Paul:

Lion has a cast resin hull and was already assembled. I haven't modeled anything in years, but we have some accomplished craftsmen in our midst: Tony and Dave Mosher come to mind, and I see Mark has connoisseur painting skills as well.

ottodog8 said:
Sadly, no longer in production.
Hi Steve:

Did you also collect Guard Corps figures in Feldgrau? I have a few wearing the Stahlhelm. I believe these were the last of their line.

Chas.

There is a forum type site out of the UK that list's manufactuer's of all kinds of Metal figures .It list's Companies that sometimes buy out older mould stock,s or hire thier sculptors.

http://theminiaturespage.com/
If any one wants to look for some stuff WW1 seems to be in vogue again so thier are more companies out thier .
Mark

My favorite scale though my eyes are not as sharpe . .I put an Iron Cross 2nd Class in front of one unit for scale sizing.
I would love to do some 1900 Brittish and german troops. but Manufacturer's in this scale linit what you get . I also find alot of maker's know cutting detail to kit and uniform . A friend still paint's company Troddels and Hackels on French troops .
French Empress Dragoon Gaurd Front pic
Empressdragoonssizeing.jpg

Command for Empress Dragoon's
CommandDragoonscommand.jpg

French Polish Lancier's of the Gaurd.
Gaurdlancers.jpg

Command for Gaurd lancer's
Lancerscommand.jpg

Bavarian Chevaux Leger command
BavarianChevleger.jpg

Bavarian Dragoons command
BavarianDrgagoons.jpg

Spanish Dragoon's
SpanishDragoons.jpg

KGL Hussar's
BrittishHussars.jpg

Brittish Pennisular light Dragoon's
BrittishlightDragoons.jpg

Except for the gaurd unit's most of these are 1 of Regiment's in the collection. Still soming Brittish hosehold Calvary , French Currassier , Carabinier ( 1913-1914) , 1st Heavy Dragoon's "Scot's Grey's "
Hope some figure collector's like these . I am slowly working on 25 MM WW1 Imperial German Haubed infantry. I have 10 done only 40 to go.
Awaiting in large scale is a Prussian 1806 Uhlan in 120MM . I have a 1:9th scale bust to try to get done before Christmas, it is a WW2 GD Infantryman . Jaguar kit.
I am still looking for a nice 120MM detailed Uhlan ,Hussar,or any Imperial German Pre WW1 .
Mark

Here are a couple of my creations, two 158ers one in pre war and the other field grey.
The figures are by model cellar, but I changed them round a bit
Stu Das158er
015yy5.jpg

This circa 1812 Royal Navy mechanical rowing boat with bow chaser was one of my Christmas presents. When the boat is pulled, the sailors row. Produced in Berkeley, California by William Hocker, it's nice to see not all toy manufacture has been outsourced to China.

1812.jpg

Chas.

Back