sniper bait?

pointystuff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/German-Army-WW1-M-1916-SNIPER-BAIT-Stahlhelm-Steel-COMBAT-HELMET-M-16-RARE-/300843761454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460baf7f2e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sniper bait...or a post-war adaptation for using a surplus item on the farm?

Sniper bait ? :lol: That’s a lot of work for putting a helmet on a stick !
I have seen this tool many times on the flea market , they use to clean out the cesspool with this tool.

...great tool to pour this great stuff between your strawberry plants ! :thumb up:

Rgds,
Francis

GermanCigaretteCard-WW1a.jpg

In the US they converted them into planters, but I can see this application for cess pools, especially in France and Belgium! I would, however, LOVE to see somebody put a parade plume on this! :lol:

:D Ron

Funny! I had a tank commander in the 1980's who scouted a 'location' for our tank during an exercise. Fields of fire? Zero. Range? Zero. BUT there was a fallen tree, the branches of which formed a perfect toilet and back rest. Mission accomplished.
Also, in the artillery, the first thing to be dug was the powder pit. Next came the 'crapper'. :)

Gustaf said:
It looks like it has some original "patina" from the post war use!
In deed ! a patina often mistaken as “autumn camo” :D

poniatowski said:
Funny! I had a tank commander in the 1980's who scouted a 'location' for our tank during an exercise. Fields of fire? Zero. Range? Zero. BUT there was a fallen tree, the branches of which formed a perfect toilet and back rest. Mission accomplished.
Also, in the artillery, the first thing to be dug was the powder pit. Next came the 'crapper'. :)

Ah yes, back in the days when we were soldiers ….
Those memories of field exercises will never fade, I was a medic in the 1980’s

Back