So much to see...

drakegoodman

Landsturm bunker - armoury.

This was a "second chance offer" I received on Ebay. I paid nothing like the original sale (or should I say no-sale) price, which initially caused me some suspicion. But now in possession of the photograph I'm comfortable with the decision to shell out 20 odd Euro for it. A one in a million pic with lots to peruse and scrutinise.

Some items of note:

(i) The sign on the back wall "Warschau gefallen 5.VIII 1915".

(ii) The Leuchtpistole hanging on the wall. 2 x 1895 Hebels and a spur-trigger Druckknopf if I'm not mistaken.

(iii) Three signal horns. Sorry, don't know the fancy German word it.

(iv) Gew 88 being utilised as a grenade launcher. Note the impressive recoil spring on the mechanism.

(v) Box of Diskushandgranaten.

(vi) Rifle grenades sans fuses.

(vii) Gew 88/05s.

(viii) Officer's pickelhaube (Landsturm überzug).

(ix) The officer has a boot knife tucked into his puttee as well as wearing his Bavarian Militär-Verdienstkreuz ribbon.

Unfortunately, nothing on reverse.

4170616741_62d01d5991_b.jpg

Original 3248 x 2112 size

- Brett

Great photo, there appears to be a lable onthe M1913 discus grenades, I have not seen an example of the lable, but it would stand to reason that there would be instructions for use printed on them.
Gus

Wow a picture full of details! Just a side question, why does the man to the left have an extra button on his collar just above the shoulder board?

Robert said:
Wow a picture full of details! Just a side question, why does the man to the left have an extra button on his collar just above the shoulder board?

Robert,

The Rank Buttons on M1915 Bluse were grey-painted metal. 24 mm collar buttons designate the rank of Gefreiter. 30 mm collar buttons indicate a rank of Sergeant and up and would be worn with grey NCO lace around the collar.

gtp31.jpg

Back