SOLD. Project Helmet: Older Style Artillery Helmet with FRW Wappen

ww1czechlegion

Offered for sale is an older leather body Artillery Pickelhaube helmet that I acquired a couple of weeks ago. It should make a good restoration project for someone with more time and patience than what I have.

The vent holes for the neck of the spike open and close when the neck area is twisted.

The front and rear leather visors are both still firmly attached to the helmet body.

I didn't try to take the wappen off the helmet, as the one nut is rusted on the screw post threads, so I left it as it is. The nut is tight, and currently does not turn on the threads. I am not sure what is going on with the flattened metal loop that was attached to the back of the wappen for attaching the wappen to the helmet. I cannot tell without removing the wappen from the helmet.

The front visor brass edge trim has come off from the edge of the leather visor. It will take some work to get it to properly fit back onto the edge of the front leather visor. There is a break or split on the front side only, of this brass front visor edge trim piece, as seen in photos.

I tried to shoot the interior of the holes for the chinstrap/chinscales attachment. Not sure if it takes the threaded post insert or if it would use M91 side posts on this helmet. From the looks of the holes, I believe it takes the threaded post insert.

I tried to shoot the markings on the underside of both sides of the back visor. I cannot do it in the house with the camera flash and my halogen light. Everything reflects off the surface of the visor and is too bright and shiny or reflective when I try to photograph the markings.

I believe the first letter is an "F", possibly followed by an "A" and then an "R"? I can make out the "F", first letter. The central part of the "F" has rubbed or chipped off a bit on the surface of the leather. I need some natural light/sunshine to try to see the marking better. And of course it turned cloudy outdoors this afternoon before I am posting this.

Price: $525.00.

Payment via PayPal is o.k. with "friends and family" preferred.

Postage in USA is $20.00

Postage to Canada: $35.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

Postage to UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands: $50.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

Postage to Singapore: $65.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

Thanks,

Alan

101_7922.JPG

101_7923.JPG

101_7924.JPG

101_7925.JPG

101_7926.JPG

101_7927.JPG

101_7928.JPG

101_7929.JPG

101_7930.JPG

101_7931.JPG