SOLD

Spiker

Made by Schulz & Holdefleiss, issued to the 8 Cuirassier Regiment. (active by the Somme)

One of the 4 screws is missing. The rim is still feldgrau, only a helmet that had a limited use will be found like that.

Size 58. The cockades are the correct big size for a cuirassier , but they look like they have been overpainted. Chinstrap unopened.

The liner appears to always been in this helmet as it took the same shape that you can only achieve after wearing the helmet, however it has been borrowed from a leather helmet because it has old stitch holes. Did the manufacturer use these liners because they were at hand at the time?

Schulz & Holdefleiss also had very different spikes, this one is in two parts, I have only seen this with this maker.

Out of my own collection , sitting on the shelf it looks near mint.

Last edited:
Made by Schulz & Holdefleiss, issued to the 8 Cuirassier Regiment. (active by the Somme)

One of the 4 screws is missing. The rim is still feldgrau, only a helmet that had a limited use will be found like that.

Size 58. The cockades are the correct big size for a cuirassier , but they look like they have been overpainted. Chinstrap unopened.

The liner appears to always been in this helmet as it took the same shape that you can only achieve after wearing the helmet, however it has been borrowed from a leather helmet because it has old stitch holes. Did the manufacturer use these liners because they were at hand at the time?

Schulz & Holdefleiss also had very different spikes, this one is in two parts, I have only seen this with this maker.

Out of my own collection , sitting on the shelf it looks near mint.

€ 1500
Ed,
The finish on this one appears to be nearly immaculate! All the metalhelm I've collected have required some type of work; cleaning up at a minimum, and many have required extensive paint and rust removal. This looks like a very nice, complete, original helmet.
Tim

I'll take this one. But for some reason I can't send you a message. How do we arrange this?

Last edited:
New members have to make at least 5+ posts before having access to the PM feature. This is for spam protection.

Back