Some new books, which I bought lately.

coert65

First of all, this rather rare instruction manual for the Maschinen gewehr company's came my way.
It is rather rare.
MG-08 instruction manual 1.jpg
MG-08 instruction manual 2.jpg
MG 08 instruction manual 3..jpg
It is full of info, technical views and explanations, how to use, and service the MG-o8.
A book, which has 250 pages..

More books will follow, as I bought the rangliste 1914, the Ehrenrangliste 1914-1918, and 3 volumes of Sachsen in grosser zeit, which is filled with all info about every Sachsen regiment, during WW1.

Regards, Coert.

Rangliste 1914.
Rangliste 1914-1.jpg
Rangliste 1914-2.jpg
I already have the previous ranglisten, but had to have this one too. After this rangliste, no other ones were published during the war.
After this, only the Ehrenrangliste 1914-1918 was published, after 1918.

Thanks Steve! So do I, I read a lot in my old books.
More will follow tomorrow, as it is getting quite dark here now. And late in the evening.
Tomorrow I'll post those Sachsen books. They are quite nice. I really like the older regimental books too!

Have a nice evening, regards, Coert.

Thanks Steve! So do I, I read a lot in my old books.
More will follow tomorrow, as it is getting quite dark here now. And late in the evening.
Tomorrow I'll post those Sachsen books. They are quite nice. I really like the older regimental books too!

Have a nice evening, regards, Coert.
I had Saxon Rang list at one time
Like a dummy I sold them
Looking forward to seeing yours
Steve

Sachsen in grosser zeit.
Sachsen in grosser zeit 1.jpgBand 1.jpg
Band 1, 2.jpg
Band 1, 3.jpg
Band 1,4.jpg
This is band 1, band 2 und 3 will follow soon. These are not rangliste books, but full of info about Sachsen regiments during the war.

Regards, Coert.

Excellent collection of rangliste books Steve! I still have some to buy before I reach that level.
I did however find a bookstore which has a lot of regimental history books for sale, this weekend on-line.
I only have one, for Reserve Jäger Battallion nr 4. They have about 50 for sale, but they aren't cheap though.

Regards, Coert.

I always think it a great shame that the Prussian, Saxon and Bavarian armies discontinued their publication of army lists during the war. I of course, appreciate that it would have been a huge undertaking but I do believe the British and US Armies did so and included all variants of commissions: active, reserve, temporary etc. This compounded by the destruction of much of the period archive material in WW2 makes researching wartime activities patchy at best.

Regards
Glenn

Back