Some regimental history, found this book last week, and got it today! RJB4.

coert65

Hello friends, my latest find on a regional selling site. The regimental history of Reserve Jäger Battalion 4.
It is a large book, 453 pages filled with the war history during WW1.
Has 14 little maps in the back, and a lot of pictures, some colourized but most black/white.
It was printed in 1927.
I have got some reading to do this evening! :)
RJB4-1.jpg
RJB4-2.jpg
RJB4-3.jpg
RJB4-4.jpg
RJB4-5.jpg
I am very happy to add it to my collection!

That is a nice book .
I have some regiment histories but I once had a collector in the Netherlands
that wanted one of my books , The Hohenzollern Fusilier Regt .
The problem was there was no way to ship the book that made it affordable.
The shipping was as much as the book
Steve

I know Steve, shipping is a problem with these things, especially from the US to us here in Europe.
And, our customs also know what to charge regarding invoice tax.. I bought several books from members here, happy to have them here, but customs, and invoice taxes did not make me happy. The books did it though! They put a large smile on my face.
I am always on the look out for regimental histories, if I can find some, and they are affordable, I buy them.
This book was for sale for quite a while, but nobody made an offer for it. So I got in contact with the seller, and for a reasonal price it is now with me. I am looking at the map of battle at Passchendaele, right now. As tomorrow I will visit Ypres, and Passchendaele again.
I might be crazy, but I like visiting the old battlefields. I do not live far from them. Walking those fields, has something special about it.
Even more so, when you know exactly what happened there.

Greetings, Coert.

If you ever get over here I will sell you any of my books that you might like at reasonable prices
and you can take them home with you . It is time for me to let go of some things . The only books
that I would keep for now are my rang list .
Steve

Thanks Steve!
I also have a rangliste book here. I wanted to visit you, and meet other forum members at the SOS show, but with this covid 19, it did not work out unfortunately. Hopefully it will work out better next time. Have a nice weekend, I did recieve the mail you sent me, but did not responded to it yet.
I can be quite old-fashioned..those Saxon tsjako's are brilliant!
Have a nice weekend, and if things work out better, I will visit you .
Might take a while, but it will work out fine.

Greetings, Coert.

You will be most welcome at our SOS tables Coert! You will have to put up with James and Gus though 😊 It was great to meet Amy and her husband a couple of years back. Steve always stops by for a chat and to show us his latest haul of treasures. I was toying with flying south to Louisville to meet up with James for the show but I won’t have had my second Pfizer shot yet......have to be patient until we defeat this virus. Congratulations on this book. 👍

It is my pleasure to meet all the guys at the sos show. I will give this year sos July show a miss as I am due for modena vaccination in July and Aug.

Then we will have to see Australia borders restriction as at present Rod being an aussie cannot leave Australia and for me I will need to quarantine for 21 days upon returning from USA.

It is always a treat to hang out at the PH.com table .The regular group and then other members
stop by that I have not met before .
Steve

I also collect WWI Prussian regimental histories( infantry and calvary regiments) and also have found the enormous increase of shipping costs from Germany to the USA. Couple that with the fact I live in a state with a sales tax that demands eBay or Abebooks collect it . I sometimes wonder if the state ever sees it!
If anyone out there runs across the history : Grenadier Regiment Kōnig Friedrich Nr. 5 published in 1926 along with Regiments 29, 43,44, 62, 63, 82, 85 and 90 please let me know.

A lot of "Regiments Geschichte" are online available (not all). The Württembergische Landbibliothek makes it possible for free:

I understand that to hold a book in his own hand is something special. For my part, because I love to make a lot of research in those (scarce and expensive) books, I love to use this site.
So, GFMMackensen, the WWI Regimentsgeschichten of the JR29,43,63 and 85 are available there, not the others that you are looking for...(GR5, JR44,62,92 and FR90).

Philippe
;)

Last edited:
A lot of "Regiments Geschichte" are online available (not all). The Württembergische Landbibliothek makes it possible for free:

I understand that to hold a book in his own hand is something special. For my part, because I love to make a lot of research in those (scarce and expensive) books, I love to use this site.
So, GFMMackensen, the WWI Regimentsgeschichten of the JR29,43,63 and 85 are available there, not the others that you are looking for...(GR5, JR44,62,92 and FR90).

Philippe
;)
Thank you Philippe . Yes, I have seen the digital sites. Dragoon Nr. 1 ,which I am also looking for, is in fact on a Russian website for their conquered East Prussia territory. But as you say nothing beats holding the particular book in your hand !
Kyle

Back