Some Saxon Boys at their ease..

Larmo

Greetings all

Hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday, it will be 112 degrees in the shade here today, so I'm staying inside pretty much and looking at stuff in the war room.

Picked this image up off of Ebay a while back and thought it was something you all might enjoy looking at. Just a great assemblage of many things we all like to collect. I believe the men belong to either the 100 or 101 Saxon Infantry.

hpqscan0001q.jpg

hpqscan0001y.jpg

This detail of the stacked rifles (looks like the Model 1871) and tornisters with attached messkits is great. I believe the knapsacks are the 1859 pattern with the side pockets for spare equipment.

hpqscan0002.jpg

The seated NCO is an 1870-1871 War veteran and has been awarded the EK 2nd Class. Does anyone know if the thin stripe over the base of his shoulder strap indicates that he is an Officer Candidate?

The original image size is roughly 7x9 inches, so it is a larger image with lots of good detail.

Enjoy guys..

Larry

Wonderfully detailed photo Larry! Do you have something of this period of Landwehr? Specifically I am looking for photographic information on the 1860s Landwehr helmet that I have. more specifically, I am looking for an officer, Feldwebel or Vizefeldwebel, wearing a shako of the Landwehr....
:toothy2: :toothy2:

Hi Joe, Something like this guy?

hpqscan0002o.jpg

Glad you liked the first photo, I really love this type that are jammed with detail..

Larry

Yes just like that guy!!! Is he a Vizefeldwebel?? Enlisted field badge.... any officers in your bag of tricks??? Nothing stops me from begging.... :book:

Hi Joe

No officers, but I have three more images of enlisted men wearing this pattern shako, no more NCO's though.

Larry

Nice photos Larry,
It is a cool 98 degrees here (eat your heart out) but the humidity is a very high 30 % so it seems much hotter.
Gus

Hi Gus

Glad you liked the pics. I remember the humidity well, lived in Pennsylvania many, many moons ago.

Local joke we all console each other with out here, "but it's a dry heat!" :angry4: Doesn't help much, its still dam hot..

Larry

Back