Some Wartime Helmets

ussguppy

Hello, here are some of my gray trim wartime models.

I have been collecting helmets since I was 22 when my dad gave me my great uncle's war prize SS M42 helmet, although I quickly broke into the WW1 realm. I also have a strong interest in trench knives and have a decent variety of those as well. I generally have to keep a small collection since I move around a lot, but its also fun to just focus on the regular enlisted models.

This forum has been a great resource to me for years and I have been able to talk to a lot of great people over that time. Thank you!

Gabe

044A1962.JPG

Beautiful helmets and photograph. Makes me sorry I made the decision to let my M15s go and focus on pre war pieces.

Very nice display! For me, the M15, and various ersatz examples are also the icons of war, as @Zebedeus stated.
I have 9 M15's, 2 Felt helmets, a Bavarian Bing, and a von der Heiden kithelmet. Those represent the years of WW1 for me too.

But then again, I also have 12 M95's..

Very nice display! For me, the M15, and various ersatz examples are also the icons of war, as @Zebedeus stated.
I have 9 M15's, 2 Felt helmets, a Bavarian Bing, and a von der Heiden kithelmet. Those represent the years of WW1 for me too.

But then again, I also have 12 M95's..
That's awesome! I've been envious of some of your collection I've seen posted... I got a cork one last year that was in great shape, but nothing is quite like the grunt m15s.

Wow! Great display. The M15 model is in my humble opinion the war's icon.
Thanks! It goes with my other great war stuff and it is certainly recognizable. It seems to be the last remnant of when uniforms were nice and beautiful as opposed to totally practical based on how we fight war today.

Thanks! I only saw one Wurt in 5 years of searching and it was in bad shape when I got it. I just got lucky.
I once had a nice one, but sold it, unfortunately.
Then, later on, I was on the lookout for one, I searched for at least 4 years to find another one. These are quite rare!
Thankfully Alan had one for sale here on the forum, so I immediately bought it.
This one will not be sold again, I won't make that mistake again.

Nice line up you made. the felgraue helmets are my favorites only becose there is so litle known on some models it makes it more wurthwile to learn more about them

In all my 40 years of collecting I have seen only 3 Wurttemberg M15’s in person including the one in my collection and the one that Tony S. has. The third was not in great shape, I bought it, did a bit of work then sold it. They are very rare and I have no explanation for this. Obviously, with JR 91, 92 etc there is only one regiment so this is expected but…..?

In all my 40 years of collecting I have seen only 3 Wurttemberg M15’s in person including the one in my collection and the one that Tony S. has. The third was not in great shape, I bought it, did a bit of work then sold it. They are very rare and I have no explanation for this. Obviously, with JR 91, 92 etc there is only one regiment so this is expected but…..?
I have a Wurttemberg M1915 Dragoon in my collection.
Steve

Back