Someone is going to get screwed by a totally fake UK made Mecklenburg M95 helmet

ww1czechlegion

Hello,

Unfortunately someone is going to be screwed when they receive their made in the UK fake/replica Mecklenburg-Schwerin enlisted style helmet.

I wrote the seller, as apparently someone else did, pointing out that the helmet has absolutely No original parts on it. All the parts, including the helmet shell are modern made in the UK.

I also described to the seller everything that is wrong with it, point by point, as to what shows that the helmet is a made in the UK replica. He did add a very short so-called "disclaimer" to the very bottom of his auction description, stating that a couple of eBay members wrote him stating the helmet is a replica made in the UK. But "he still believes it is real." Apparently no one sees that, and whoever placed the opening $400 bid on it doesn't care and doesn't realize it's garbage.

Someone placed an opening bid of $400 on this worthless piece of garbage found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-German-Pickelhaube-Spike-Helmet/353107201203?hash=item5236d44cb3:g:6IgAAOSwI~5e5rQc

Best Regards,

Alan

People see what they want to see.

So long as he puts in his description "May be a repro" you have fairly warned the perspective buyer in my opinion.

John

Alan, nice job. We need more people to tell dishonest sellers off.

Seller has pulled the listing off. Either sell it to the one who put 400 on it or send it to a dealer.

Re-listed. Read the new description!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-German-Pickelhaube-Spike-Helmet/264766345903?hash=item3da54dd2af:g:6IgAAOSwI~5e5rQc

I wrote him twice Amy. I did not harass him. The second time was to respond to what he wrote me.

He explained to me that someone told him something else was bad a while back that he had listed (a leather rifle sling, or some gun part not related to a pickelhaube), and he found out it was not a bad item, but entirely original, even though someone wrote to him complaining that the part was fake, and that the eBay member claimed to be an "expert" about the part in question.

So I suppose he is hypersensitive and pre-dispositioned to not believing anyone who tells him that he has a fake pickelhaube, because of that one bad experience he had previously with someone else from eBay writing to him and claiming something was bad that he listed and the item turned out not to be a replica item he had listed.

I told him that it hurts terribly getting burned by someone for $400 for a known replica item. And I told him it's a known fact that when new collectors buy something bad, and spend several hundred dollars that they end up loosing and they eventually find out the item they bought is a reproduction, that they often times will give up on collecting as a hobby, and never buy anything again to collect. I finished by stating that type of bad experience doesn't help anyone wanting to sell good original items.

Hey Alan, you know I am joking right.

It takes time to write to these sellers to let them understand our intention but it is really difficult to get them to do the right things as they may also be the ones who got burnt and they tried to recover what they can.

Anyway a good job that you have done letting him know, no harm letting them vent their frustration by calling us names lol

Hi Amy,

Yes, I knew you were joking. It was not a problem. :) :thumb up:

I actually tried to get him to join the forum so that he could learn by seeing the discussions on all the bad helmets that get listed for sale on eBay. I also told him it was free to join, and that you have to be a member in order to see this section where bad helmets on eBay are discussed. I tried. Not sure if he took me up on this idea or not. Probably not.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back