SOS 2017 B Loree #2

Leone said:
Grenadier on the right looks at fake!

It looks like one of those copies made in England in the 70's.
It also appears that the M15 Arty has a brass Wappen. Maybe that's just the photo though.

John [-X

For Sergei: But these are the last I have.

Hmm.... interesting hat box.

Looks like some kind of royal cypher on the inside...a "Crowned R", who could that belong to??

Looks to be Bavarian from the state kokarde.....hmm...Bavarian royalty and a capital "R". :???: Can anyone think of a WW1 Bavarian nobleman who served in the war and had R for his first initial?? :)

American medical officer spiked helmet. That is the last of my photos with one exception. I will be doing a post on the Bavarian General's wappen which will appear in the "Wappen/Helmet Plate" section of the forum. Thanks to James, we had a real one to take apart and photograph. There are fakes out there, so this will help members see what a real one looks like.

American helmet looks like an enlisted man's to me. Wouldn't an officer's have the chain chin strap and shield hooks?

Have no clue. I know nothing about the US version of the spiked helmet. The British "home service" officer would have the chained strap as you describe.

b.loree said:
Have no clue. I know nothing about the US version of the spiked helmet. The British "home service" officer would have the chained strap as you describe.

British other ranks helmets have chinchains and rossettes on the side. The difference is that OR helmets have leather trim generally and a rounded front visor, whereas the officer versions have pointed visor with brass trim (or silver metal if the spike and hardware is silver obviously).

I think the American helmet is an enlistedman's version.

That is Steve's PB 10 officer helme which he picked up later on at the show. The visor cap belongs to Prince Ruprecht of Bavaria!

The visor cap for the Prince complete with case was a pleasure to hold and look at, quite the piece.

James

b.loree said:
That is Steve's PB 10 officer helme which he picked up later on at the show. The visor cap belongs to Prince Ruprecht of Bavaria!

Thanks Brian, nice looking helmet! Yes, Ruprecht used to borrow my stuff all of the time. :wink: What a cool piece! I was at the prince's 'house' in Munich... I should've asked if they had any helmets for sale. (One never knows!)

:D Ron

Here's that filtz Bayerschen now....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322445083623?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for posting the photos! Can anyone tell me whose table that was in the photograph above with Würtemburg officers haube and the Prussian artillery haube on the green /field grey table cloth? It was the photo that followed the photos of the table from Helmut Weitze. Thanks

Back