SOS 2017 B Loree

Well said Joe! I for one plan to attend again next year and bring the next generation of collectors with me to terrorize the place. :bravo:

joerookery said:
First let me acknowledge how much we missed Gus and Maggie. I know this microphone types what it wants to. And thank you Tony for the picture of Molly Who spend most of the show under the table.

There is nothing better for a collector Than to go to SOS. People put faces with names and deals abound. Some members actually get free stuff . Seriously knowledgeable people are around to answer questions. I saw Bryan giving a bad news answer to a newcomer about helmet repair. He got it from the horses mouth. I saw a Randy give a lecture on the upcoming helmet sales . Full of insights and back room stories. You cannot pay for this kind of education. You can get it nowhere else. I know many of you have excuses about why you cannot attend but it is a mistake. People come from Europe and all over the US. Next year I will only so a few books but I am going anyway. It is true that there are one or two people who are persona non grata. They know who they are and what they did. While other people get family Prices I have actually seen prices rise as they approach. This is a social event. Everyone knows everyone. As Randy said we have a niche market and we know all of the nichers. Reassess if you do not attend. It is well worth your while.

Joe, you have me looking forward to it already.

I can't agree more that shows like this are so important for old and young collectors alike. I know this year I was pleased to see many familiar faces as well as many young collectors. I'll be going to SOS as long as I am breathing!

J.LeBrasseur said:
Tony I do not know, seeing David Mosher's blue vest on the chair in the same spot it has been for over 10 years bring me tears....

However, My son did have a blast playing with Molly, he was covered in hair by end of show.

James

I should clarify, there is nothing wrong with Dave, I just like jokeing around with him

I have not been to a militaria show in a long long time .

Just looking at the pictures tells what I have been missing maybe hopefully I can go next year .

But the money spent going and staying at a show like this could go towards another piece in the collection.

Oh.... to have deep pockets.

Yes Molly was a big hit at the show and I too was covered in her hair but but it was worth it... a beautiful well trained dog. Truly, a great time was had by all and I love watching while James spends all his money! For me, the show is the biggest treasure hunt of the year, a time when I get to scour through hundreds of dealer tables, looking for parts, bargains and rare pieces. I was also gifted a copy of Mike Kelso's new shoulder board reference book by my good friend T Schnurr, a complete surprise, totally unexpected. Then to top it all off, I am handed a gift box of 100's of officer chin scales and pieces by Randy Trawnik from Age of Kings. Perhaps, I am not quite the selfish bastard that my 2 ex wives claim me to be :lol:. Anyway, the SOS and meeting up with my haube collector friends once a year has become a part of my life. I will always be there for the show as long as I am able. :thumb up:

Back