Speaking of Camo Stahlhelme

RON

No closeups and the photos can't be enlarged... :-k

Besides, shouldn't the color bee green under the scratched-off camo paint here and there? Hard to tell without closeups...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWI-WW1-GERMAN-CAMO-HELMET-M17-TJ66-COMPLETE-VIVID-EXC-/221210678037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree that its difficult to be conclusive without high res pics but, however, my first impression is that at least the liner is fake and there is a good chance that the rest may be repro as well considering the large amount of fake camo helmets offered on ebay.

Best regards,

Edwin

Looks like a nice original to me. Over the years I have seen this seller offer some beauties. Sometimes he shows pictures of his collection which is quite extensive.
Steve

edwin said:
I agree that its difficult to be conclusive without high res pics but, however, my first impression is that at least the liner is fake and there is a good chance that the rest may be repro as well considering the large amount of fake camo helmets offered on ebay.

Best regards,

Edwin

I was wrong here apparently as indicated by fellow forum members. Thanks for teaching me something today :)
Nevertheless it still seems quite risky to me to purchase a camo helmet from ebay unless you are absolutely sure that its real but fortunately you can always rely on the valuable input offered here.

Best regards,

Edwin

I still think the lack of closeups is suspicious or at least weird... [-(

Definitely! More so when we see others going down for much much less :wink:

It looks good to me too and with a 14 day return policy, I'd bid if I wanted it, then take a good look with it in my hands.

:D Ron

I just remembered where I had seen this style of photography with a plain grey background and helmets rather always centered vertically... Regimentals UK... Maybe I'm fishing in the dark here but my impression is that this helmet was purchased at some point from Regimentals and the seller is using their original photos hence the low resolution and lack of closeups... :-k

RON said:
I just remembered where I had seen this style of photography with a plain grey background and helmets rather always centered vertically... Regimentals UK... Maybe I'm fishing in the dark here but my impression is that this helmet was purchased at some point from Regimentals and the seller is using their original photos hence the low resolution and lack of closeups... :-k

Never saw the other, so I can't really say. But you're right, there are some excellent counterfeits out there (whether or not this is one, we may never know!)

Hey Ron,
I don't recall seeing this helmet on Regimentals anytime recently either but what I'm actually saying is, maybe it was purchased sometime ago from the British site and the buyer decided to sell it on eBay now using Regimentals' photos instead of taking new ones of his own that might not look as 'professional'... hence the low resolution photos and maybe also the unreasonable Buy it Now price or the Reserve?
Besides, the style of photo composition with a frequent lack of macro closeups is typical of Regimentals from what I've noticed... Anyway, just a thought. I guess this fishing in the dark happens when you're too detail oriented... :drunken: although this often helps in our field of 'business'. :)

Yup, you're right. But, with a fourteen day examination period, I think that's pretty fair. Yeah, let's not talk about high prices....

A top shelf original camo helmet. I have bought quite a few from 1916camo and he also has a few of mine. He has one of the best collections of camos you will see.

Mike

Beautiful original
Wish I'd had the funds to purchase the sellers photos still let him down but they are getting better he seems very laid back has a beautiful collection I bought this helm off him, expensive but I have no regrets sometimes buy now is convenient usually its only a matter of a couple of hundred each way on a nice helm. Has a return policy so no problem.

Eric

Back