Stauffer Auction

KAGGR#1

I just got their latest catalog for auction on 7 Oct
In the past I have bought a lot of very nice shoulder straps from them.
I would like to make a comment about some of the lots that they offer .
all shown as Imperial unit rings removed from their poles ?
Lot 1126 I R 25 / no mention of any Batl ; all Infantry rings have the regiment and the Batl
1139 listed as Field Artillery Regt 18 Field Artillery did not have flags ; only the Fuss Artillery had flags
1163 listed as 2 L H R 2 ; I am ready to call this one for sure a copy . A few years ago I owned the swallow tail
flag for 2 L H R 2 on the pole complete with the unit ring and pole top.The real ring is still on the pole
1164 listed as D R 13
1191 listed as I R 94 / I B
they all are from the same seller
I am not sure if we have any members that are flag collectors
If so be very careful about these lots
If you look at my photo of the 2 L H R 2 flag , note upper left of the
photo to see the unit rings 2 L H R 2  Swallow tail.jpeg

I just got their latest catalog for auction on 7 Oct
In the past I have bought a lot of very nice shoulder straps from them.
I would like to make a comment about some of the lots that they offer .
all shown as Imperial unit rings removed from their poles ?
Lot 1126 I R 25 / no mention of any Batl ; all Infantry rings have the regiment and the Batl
1139 listed as Field Artillery Regt 18 Field Artillery did not have flags ; only the Fuss Artillery had flags
1163 listed as 2 L H R 2 ; I am ready to call this one for sure a copy . A few years ago I owned the swallow tail
flag for 2 L H R 2 on the pole complete with the unit ring and pole top.The real ring is still on the pole
1164 listed as D R 13
1191 listed as I R 94 / I B
they all are from the same seller
I am not sure if we have any members that are flag collectors
If so be very careful about these lots
If you look at my photo of the 2 L H R 2 flag , note upper left of the
photo to see the unit rings View attachment 37533
here they are
Steverings.jpg

Hello everyoneWith Stauffer you should look at everything very carefully. He doesn't take the description of the lots very seriously. The condition and originality often leaves a lot to be desired. 2 The quality of the parts I examined are not as described. For me It's no problem to look at things long enough beforehand. It's not a distance for me. So caution is always advised.By the way, the new KUBE catalog is online. Pickelmütze collectors will be happy. There is also a regimental flag included. Have fun.

100% agree. I've never had the pleasure of visiting them in person (a much longer trip from PA, USA), but I've always found the Stauffer Auktion a "buyer beware" affair. I've gotten a few nice pieces from them, but that's after wading through a lot of questionable or clearly wrong items.

auctions are the purest form of Caveat Emptor in the militaria world. ...at least with dealers you have some come back. Weirdly I am finding they are even cheaper than the final hammer price once you add commission for what I like.

Thank you for the insight gents.

When you add commission charges of 20-25%, exchange rates and shipping charges auctions are fun to look at but mostly overpriced in the end.

Sadly though sometimes there is no alternative when looking for a specific piece. All that said I've picked up some wonderful pieces at auction :unsure:

I was lucky at Stauffer and bought this uniform jacket from the Stuttgart Landwehr District at auction. The jacket is in fantastic condition

Attachments

• 52b7a1fc-b806-41f1-9f89-cf5e70b5ad64.jpg
    52b7a1fc-b806-41f1-9f89-cf5e70b5ad64.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 40
  • d955e253-0917-4a06-b8b1-017b9c00ade9.jpg
    d955e253-0917-4a06-b8b1-017b9c00ade9.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 39
Beautiful piece Reiner - congratulations! They had what appeared to be a nice DR26 officer that escaped me - glad you got lucky!

Ah, OK - that was not clear from the photos. I feel the same way. Quality and condition are very important. Thanks!

Back