Steve's JR 115 Officer Helmet

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Steve has been buying again :) and sent me some pics of a new 115 officer helmet that has been added to the collection
Hessian 1.JPG
Hessian 2.JPG
Hessian Officers helmets.jpeg
A nice trio of 115's.
GFM  I R 72 worn by the Czar of Bulgaria.jpg
GFM I R 72 board worn by the Czar of Bulgaria

Holy Mackerel! What a catch! Fantastic job Steve! I am green with envy! :thumb up:

That is a fantastic helmet! :bravo:

John

Hello Steve N.
Correct not Prussian .I stepped out of bounds at the S O S 2020 when working on trying to complete my
Dragoon collection .I bought Mecklenburg ; Hessian ; Baden and Wurttemberg Dragoon helmets . Ever since 1992
when I went only Prussian , there are some helmets that I just missed .L G I R 115 was sure one of them .
The story goes all the way back about 1970 .I paid $ 450 for my I R 115 officer helmet back then .1992
I sold that helmet for $ 5,000 .I thought that a good deal .Now 2020 I had to pay more than $ 5,000 for
the one that I just got on July 21 .
I also still miss a Baden 109 officer that I had .
The shoulder strap was worn by the Czar of Bulgaria as Chef of I R 72 .He was made a German GFM
in about 1916 .
Steve McFarland

Steve:

I felt the same, and still do in a couple of instances, re. the helmets I sold off.

I always wanted a 109th Haube, OR's or Officers. I have several other 109th items but never found a helmet.

That trio of 115's is outstanding!

Back