Stick Grenade

Spike

Just bought this been after one for a long while these nice condition Stick Grenades are hard to find.Has all assembly in the handle as well as pull cord no explose though in case you were wondering ! Be great to see pictures of other Grenades thanks.

Grenade2.jpg

Very nice Spike, these are getting harder to find in any condition, yours is a nice example, here is my meager selection of grenades,
amberruby0026ym.jpg

I have the distinct disadvantage of being forbidden to purchase any more grenades due to an incedent on the Canadian boarder a few years ago. As you can see, my stick grenade is rather ratty compaired to yours.
Best wishes
Gus

wow!!! stick grenades in that conditions are indeed very scarce!
here is mine. it seems the quality of the stick grenades reduces during this topic. got mine from a polish guy, just for 35 euros. ( without the bead and cap ) according to the polish fellow the grenade was save. it appears that the word 'save' means something different in polish than in english. so i removed the charge. now i sleep more comfortably.

i have one question:
the top of the grenade (about one third) is filled with a cilinder piece of wood! so the charge is smaller. does anyone know why?????

Later in the war, they used a different charge in the grenades, and the heads were reduced in size, but rather than using the old explosive or putting more in the old larger heads, they put a bit of wood in the larger heads to reduce the room for the explosive of greater power.
Bes twihses
Gus
ps It is very dangerous to handle the explosives in the older grenades, unless you know what they are, the Japanese grenades for example, often used picric acid, and it is very unstable after it has aged or come in contact with iron or steel

Back