T.B. = Telegraph Battailon ?

Robert

Standard prussian helmet with the issue stamps BA XIII 1913 and T.B.8 in the back visor. Is this a telegraph battailon, or what du you think?

Robert

Hello Robert: Your helmet with the marking BAXIII 1913 T.B. 8 is from the 8th Train Battalion garrisoned in Ehrenbreitstein.
Telegraph Battalions wore the shako with white metal fittings.

Reservist1

I agree with Reservist1: 8th Train Battalion.
Ehrenbreitstein is a fortress overlooking the city of Koblenz, just above the spot where the Rhine and Mosel rivers converge.
Any pictures, Robert?

Skøl!

Robert,

Hate to be a stick in the mud, I totally agree it is train Battalion eight and TB stands for train Battalion.

How sure are you however, of the corps marking? XIII is the Wurttemberg Corps that had TB 13 is there any chance that this was VIII Corps?

is there any chance that this was VIII Corps?

You are right! The number in the corps marking is not so well readable but I took care now and it very probably is VIII. The other stamplings are in good condition. BTW, it was made by "Alexander Dahl Barmen Helmfabrik" and has a second small stamping "1913" inside the helmet.

Many thanks for your help. Here two pictures, the overall condition is not spectacular. I am at the moment reflecting about how to clean it. Someone tried to fresh up the brass parts with a gold crayon but that is luckily soft and wipes off. My preference is to retain the original patina and condition of helmets as much as possible. So I guess I will not polish it up brightly.

side2.jpg

back.jpg

Robert

Back