T-Gewehr/AT-Rifle Soldier Kit.

Zoring

Hey guys, i am putting together an Anti-Tank Rifle (Mauser T-Gewehr) kit, and I have a few questions,

The big one is the ammunition pouches, long shot, but does anyone reproduce these? If not does anyone have any photos, documentation, measurements of original pouches. I found a couple of them from an old e-bay listing but more would be appreciated.

What was the loadout for an AT gunner and the Assistant gunner. What was the regulation loadout for these two guys, in regards to field-equipment, ammunition, rifles/pistols carried. Also any and all photos of soldiers using them or carrying them in the field or in portraits would be fantastic, as we know what goes on in the field is never regulation!

Rear sight spring, is this the same as can be found on a 98k or 98az Mauser? I need to replace mine. The sight seems about the same size.

The ammo for these was normally carried in a special shoulder bag. There are no reproductions of it. As you can imagine, they are quite rare.

Chip

These may be the same photos
pix816929989.jpg

pix190015950.jpg

pix853817310.jpg

Best Gus

Chip.
I wish, it sold on gunbroker about a year ago for somewhere around 12 grand, but it came with a nice T-Gewehr.
Best
Gus

Gus,

I didn't think you would be holding out on us with something like that in your possession. I thought I had one some years back. The guy did not know what it was, but my interest scared him off. I'm sure he eventually identified it. :cry:

Chip

Oh... That's an Uber rare ammo bag! I 'm looking for one for years...
Anyway, there's a little book about the T-Gewehr, maybe you know it?

Produktinformation
Gebundene Ausgabe: 176 Seiten
Verlag: Kern, Delphine; Auflage: 1., Aufl. (26. November 2002)
Sprache: Deutsch, Englisch
ISBN-10: 3933481066
ISBN-13: 978-3933481061
Durchschnittliche Kundenbewertung: Geben Sie die erste Bewertung für diesen Artikel ab
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 2.160.460 in Bücher (Siehe Top 100 in Bücher)

I don't know if it's still available, but you never know...
Here's a picture of two of those beauties for you to enjoy...

Adler

The good thing about your collection Karel is that not only it is great, but also the pictures you take of it are quite professional! :thumb up:

Very interesting (and teasing) post gents!

I am gassing up the truck and going to try to drive to Belgium again. Last time I encountered water over the road just past Maine, but I have not heard of any flooding in the northeast, so I hope to make it. There should be rules against posting photos like that Adler, you are killing me!
Best
Gus

Hey Jeff,
Welcome to the forum, I now know why you would not let me mail the ersatz bayonet home from SOS, that way I would have know where to come with the truck.
Best
Gus

Gus, If you are ever in Southern California come-on by. I would be happy to show you my stuff. BTW the T-gewehr shown with the pouch is s/n 25 and is one of the Kurtz models. It is featured in Wolfgang's book on the T-gewehrs. Jeff

Jeff,

You don't understand. He would rather come by when you are not there! :lol: How do you think Gus got so much stuff? Hint: (with collector's addresses and a U-Haul).

Chip

Chip is on to me, he was on to me years ago, the only way he would meet me was in a hotel across town from where he lives, I still have not been able to pin down where his house id, and there is some stuff there that I really want bad.
Best
Gsu

Thanks for the replies guys! And sorry it took so long for me to get to it, to be honest i had forgotten i had made this post here!

I have a further questions for you experten can anyone identify the sidearm on this chap here, It's broad bladed so my initial thought was a butcher bayonet but it seems too long? Unless the guy is just short, but I would think that perhaps they would have been issued with a sawback like MG crews?
qbmzi3.jpg

Similarly these blades?
ed4zby.jpg

Zoring,

The bayonet in the first photo you have shown appears to me a normal 98/05, but if it is actually longer, I suppose it could be a 98/02.

The next photo shows an Ersatz bayonet on the soldier closest to the camera and what appears to be an S14? on the man in the rear. The latter one is difficult to discern.

Chip

Back