Tech Support Site Upgrade

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday, I had a text from my son Logan regarding recent upgrades that our tech support has made to this site. We have had a major upgrade, Quote: "I had to manually dig through various bits of the database and rip stuff out. I also replaced the entire phpBB install with a fresh one and just copied the theme/attachments/images over etc. It seems like it runs reasonably nicely now, all is good in the world." So, the "mechanics" of our forum have been upgraded by tech support. There will be further changes coming to the forum in the next few months. Frankly, I do not think it is fair that we have 2,600+ members but only 6 loyalists chose to support the costs of our forum in 2019.

hello,
I do agree that 6 out of 2600 is sad!
Being one of those 2594 makes me feel bad, but I all ready gave the reason, why I choose not to contribute financially.
However I appreciate the job you guy's do to keep this site up, and I know what I am talking about I used to run a forum myself in a complete other (collecting!) theme. And yes, it went down....
But why not considering a collaboration with a existing forum... WRF is the one I have in mind.
I do understand that this might be a big offer to the most of you who worked on this project, but I think this is a thing to consider.

It is just a idea...

b.loree said:
Yesterday, I had a text from my son Logan regarding recent upgrades that our tech support has made to this site. We have had a major upgrade, Quote: "I had to manually dig through various bits of the database and rip stuff out. I also replaced the entire phpBB install with a fresh one and just copied the theme/attachments/images over etc. It seems like it runs reasonably nicely now, all is good in the world." So, the "mechanics" of our forum have been upgraded by tech support. There will be further changes coming to the forum in the next few months. Frankly, I do not think it is fair that we have 2,600+ members but only 6 loyalists chose to support the costs of our forum in 2019.

You actually have 7, but the check is still on my desk... Sorry Brian, it will be with you soon.

Just like last year, my donation to the forumcosts is on your Paypal Brian.

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

Back