That is one ugly griffin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-WW1-Officers-Baden-Pickelhaube-/161660225369?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a3b34759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One more brother => http://www.ebay.de/itm/casque-a-pointe-spike-helmet-pickelhaube-badois-baden-officier-casque-allemand-/351315877850?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=jETYTSCXx%252FPaWbZHqQLTsszZxn4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, yes, someone got totally screwed for over 1,200 Euros on the German eBay one...

Looks like another typical UK made piece of crap where the leather sweatband is too big for the helmet shell, amongst other dead-giveaways about it being fake.

Best Regards,

Alan

ww1czechlegion said:
Wow, yes, someone got totally screwed for over 1,200 Euros on the German eBay one...

Looks like another typical UK made piece of crap where the leather sweatband is too big for the helmet shell, amongst other dead-giveaways about it being fake.

Best Regards,

Alan

Item location: Suffolk, United Kingdom :D

Regards,

Edwin

"I am a lady selling a collection that has been handed down to me, therefore I have not got a clue about this sort of thing." Handed down from... India?

:D Ron

I may be wrong, but I think the one that sold for 1,210 Euros was older than the ones we see currently being made in India over the past few years.

I've seen photos of several that were purchased by a guy from Wisconsin that was set up at the MN show a year or so ago, that he had bought from a dealer in the UK. They looked very similar to this one, with the goofy looking oversize leather sweatband squeezed into a helmet shell that was too small to properly fit the sweatband. They also had this same goofy looking sharp tip spike as well, like the eBay one has. Fortunately I told him they were all fakes, and he was very lucky to get his money back from the dealer in the UK. I figured the dealer would refuse a refund, but he actually did give him his money back. So good for him.

Best Regards,

Alan

In 1000 years from now, such fakes will actually be antique fakes :wink:

Back