The best of the year.

Zebedeus

Dear friend, now that the year 2023 is officially ended, it's time to make a reflection. Was 2023 a year of satisfaction for all us?
Have our collections growns?
What's the item that you added to the collection wich you have more appreciated?
Anyone who wants can reply here.
For my part the 2023 wasn't a particularly generous collecting year.
The most rewarding piece that I have put into my collection is this metahlhelm: a meldereiter of prussian garde.
And you?.........
20240101_114242.jpg

Last edited:
A great idea for a thread.

My favorite find for 2023 was a white Summer tunic for Police NCOs. I had no idea that these white cotton tunics existed until I found this one. White Summer private purchase tunics for Officers yes... but for NCOs? I then found regulations for them and then a couple of period photos of them in wear.

My tunic is similar to the white officer tunic of the Reichswehr but was made as a Police item of issue as it was for NCOs. Cut in the the typical Pol. manner with pleated patch pockets on the breast and plain patch pockets on the hip. A six button front with all buttons of the pebbled removable type and with a standing collar without insignia. Rank is shown on the removable shoulder boards affixed with loops instead of the T shaped boards worn by the military. The back is cut in a Rock cut with a box tail having belt supporting buttons. My 1943 dated example lacks the green on white cotton sleeve eagle worn on the left shoulder.

A scarce as hen's teeth white Summer Pol. NCO tunic.

Attachments

• Pol white tunic buttons side.JPG
    Pol white tunic buttons side.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Pol white tunic buttons shoulder.JPG
    Pol white tunic buttons shoulder.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Pol white tunic back.JPG
    Pol white tunic back.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 9
  • Pol white tunic buttons back ramp.JPG
    Pol white tunic buttons back ramp.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Pol white tunic markings.JPG
    Pol white tunic markings.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 9
A great idea for a thread.

My favorite find for 2023 was a white Summer tunic for Police NCOs. I had no idea that these white cotton tunics existed until I found this one. White Summer private purchase tunics for Officers yes... but for NCOs? I then found regulations for them and then a couple of period photos of them in wear.

My tunic is similar to the white officer tunic of the Reichswehr but was made as a Police item of issue as it was for NCOs. Cut in the the typical Pol. manner with pleated patch pockets on the breast and plain patch pockets on the hip. A six button front with all buttons of the pebbled removable type and with a standing collar without insignia. Rank is shown on the removable shoulder boards affixed with loops instead of the T shaped boards worn by the military. The back is cut in a Rock cut with a box tail having belt supporting buttons. My 1943 dated example lacks the green on white cotton sleeve eagle worn on the left shoulder.

A scarce as hen's teeth white Summer Pol. NCO tunic.
Never seen another one before. Thx for sharing it with us.

Last edited:
Dear friend, now that the year 2023 is officially ended, it's time to make a reflection. Was 2023 a year of satisfaction for all us?
Have our collections growns?
What's the item that you added to the collection wich you have more appreciated?
Anyone who wants can reply here.
For my part the 2023 wasn't a particularly generous collecting year.
The most rewarding piece that I have put into my collection is this metahlhelm: a meldereiter of prussian garde.
And you?.........
View attachment 40692
Zeb, a beautiful and rare helmet. The matching tunic will hard to find.

Great thread Zeb,.....love your Meldenreiter a lot.
I already posted some of mine latest purchases but my best buy will be my LHR 2 sabre..

Attachments

• 20230912_140212.jpg
    20230912_140212.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20230912_140254.jpg
    20230912_140254.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20230912_140311.jpg
    20230912_140311.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230914_174211.jpg
    20230914_174211.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230914_174222.jpg
    20230914_174222.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20230914_174305.jpg
    20230914_174305.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230914_174316.jpg
    20230914_174316.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Nice and exeptional stuff, gentlemen.
I must have been 16 ro 17 in the mid seventies, when Malcolm Fisher sold me a officer DR2 pickel with the enamel shield.
It costed me a year time saving with all the job's I did aside school, and I worked hard that specific year.
But helas it seemed to be a fake...
It was my last purchase from regimentals.

I loved all the stuff I got in this year.
If I realy have to pic one it would be my 16 th century closed helmet.
But in no way related to this forum.
So my choice goes, to a periode related item, my Russian cuirassier of the guard.
It also came with a quiet special story.
Sorry about the louzy picture, but I am not settled and equipped yet as it should to make better pic's.
rus..jpg

So my choice goes, to a periode related item, my Russian cuirassier of the guard.
Sorry about the louzy picture, but I am not settled and equipped yet as it should to make better pic's.
Beautiful Imperial Russian helmet Kris!

View attachment 40746
Wow, a beautiful Russian helmet! Thanks for sharing

View attachment 40746
Magnificent helm Stuka. The russian stuffs are rare and of great value. Congrats.
What's the quiet special story?

Back