The Big Bang Theory #9: 8,8cm K-Flak Cartridge Casing

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Yep. It's Friday. So here is the weekly thing-that-go-KA-POW!

This one, VERY cool. A 8,8cm K-Flak Cartridge Casing.

Thank you again Brett (drakegoodman) for the kind use of your photo.

Click HERE for full details and photographs.

cc21.jpg

Herr Brian Loree is visiting Fredericton, here he is this morning on my back deck, (slightly hungover as was I) during the shoot. Nina was still in bed. Lazy little hound...

Brian_KFlak_shoot.jpg

Nice to finally 'see' you Brian!
Where's that big souvenir bag you promised to fill for us?? :army:

What happend, I'm still digesting Big Bang #7 and here we are already on #9 Great work with photos and history of these pieces! Dick

Brilliant Tony! Cannot wait for the 12 October full reference page on Imperial German cartridge casings. There is nothing like that comes close to what it will be, on the web or in print.

Very nice Tony! The only thing better than having the casing, is being the one who sent it (in a peace-time army ;) )

:D Ron

From your description: "Like I am going to reload this cartridge casing and tow my 8,8cm K-Flak downtown and hold up a liquor store?" Well, at least they let these guys bring things back. In the current US army, General Order 1A disallows such souvenirs. In our town (Baraboo WI), there's a WWI British cannon, a 60 pounder, BL MkI no less, that one of the 'local boys' brought back. Really, it was his souvenir that graced his yard for years before it donated it to the city! I tried to ship back a T-62A that I found in KU before heading 'north' (a nice runner), but NOOOOOO. General Order 1A? Why go to war if you can't bring back cool stuff?

:twisted: Ron

Back