officers items from Baden .
But you might like to see these .I R 113.jpeg
Here is a pair for Baden I R 113
Fred II rank of Col. General
with the Honorary rank of GFM
Steve

Hello

Glad you like my badisch collection...

Thank you for your USN proposal. I sold all the parts of the equipment last year when I moved. I kept the helmets, the uberzugs and some very nice badisch pieces.

Steve, your officers items are beautiful and incredibly fresh. Thanks for sharing... Did you identify the wearer?

Here is one of my most beautiful badisch pieces that I have kept.

This bugle was picked up on the battlefield and the soldier (bugler) was killed. We see a crushing on the front part of the bugle while the rest is intact....

I bought it from a family of the French soldier who picked it up. They explained to me that they had removed the cover band because it was too "dirty"... Too bad

Hello

Thank you for your USN proposal. I sold all the parts of the equipment last year when I moved. I kept the helmets, the uberzugs and some very nice badisch pieces.

Steve, your officers items are beautiful and incredibly fresh. Thanks for sharing... Did you identify the wearer?
My pleasure, should you change your mind let me know, I still have it!

Hello

Yes with that rank they would be Fred II of Baden as Chef of the regiment .
I have owned several of his items before some years ago , but traded them to a collector in Germany
Fred I would have worn the crossed batons of GFM on his straps .
Steve

Yes with that rank they would be Fred II of Baden as Chef of the regiment .
I have owned several of his items before some years ago , but traded them to a collector in Germany
Fred I would have worn the crossed batons of GFM on his straps .
Steve
Hello Steve

Really amazing: the Duke of Baden’s own items...

These are pieces that breathe history....

Thanks for sharing

Hello Steve

Really amazing: the Duke of Baden’s own items...

These are pieces that breathe history....

Thanks for sharing
I will try and locate the photos of my former Fred of Baden
and post them when I do .I had the Waffenrock of Fred of Baden .
It might have been Fred I .The medal loops covered the entire side .
I had a complete of sets of his epaulettes .One set was for the 1 Garde Uhlans
which he was a al suite .
Steve

Steve

I’m amazed you have the Waffenrock of Fred of Baden. May I ask how you find historical pieces that touch the royal and ducal family?

Nowadays, it auctions almost every 10 years.... often museums use their right of pre-emption

Steve

I’m amazed you have the Waffenrock of Fred of Baden. May I ask how you find historical pieces that touch the royal and ducal family?

Nowadays, it auctions almost every 10 years.... often museums use their right of pre-emption
The L G R 109 Waffenrock of Fred of Baden was a purchase direct
from Jan K. Kube back some years ago before everything was placed in his auctions
Steve

Thanks for your answer Steve and I understand better
here are the photos of my former Fred of Baden display
The Waffenrock was his Chef of Baden L G R 109
note all the medal loops
The helmet while super nice was NOT his
The Baden General's feather bush was 100 % original and was his
at different times I had shoulder straps displayed on the Waffenrock
at other times epaulettes
The display with his photo had the following
1 Garde Uhaln Regt
Baden I R 113
SteveFred of Baden .jpgFred of Baden a.jpgFred of Baden b.jpgFred of Baden c.jpgFred of Baden d.jpgFred of Baden LGR 109.jpg

Hello Steve

Thank you for the beautiful photos: I admire the objects of the Duke of Baden...o_O

Thank you so much for sharing...

Hello Steve

Thank you for the beautiful photos: I admire the objects of the Duke of Baden...o_O

Thank you so much for sharing...
Thank you
I do not know were they ended up after they went back to Germany.
I saw the 1 Garde Uhlan pair of epaulettes for sale by Helmut Weitze
For some reason the shoulder straps were no longer with the epaulettes .
A collector friend of mine bought the epaulettes .
So they returned to the USA
but later I think that he traded them back to Weitze .
Not sure if Weitze moved them again ?
Steve

Hello

I owned a tornister 07/13 Badois of the JR114, for a long time and my curiosity prompted me to introduce him to Philippe / Argonne( who found very quickly the story of the bearer.

The bearer was identified with 100% certainty because he also marked the name of his village on the Tornister (Zell i/W.), and with his name, there is only one possibility that can enter into account. The material safety data sheet was also found in the Badese Kriegsstammrollen. Plus the guy was taken prisoner, so no wonder his Tornister was brought back as a trophy.

Gustav SCHLAGETER from Zell im Wiesenthal (Schönau/ Baden). An old Landsturmmann born on 12.9.1877, factory employee, however having not yet begun his Landsturm period.

He was called to the RJR111 Ersatz-Battalion on 26.5.15 and was found at 6/RJR111 on 15.7.15 where he had completed a training period. He had to go to the front by early 1916.

He was reported missing on 1.7.16 on the 1st day of the Battle of the Somme and later mentioned as a prisoner by the English (presumably on Thiepval’s side). He only returned from captivity on 24.11.19 through the Dulag (Durchgangslager = transit camp) of Wilhelmshaven.

The two entries in the LVs:
http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/9187176

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/4695576

Of course the Tornister is marked in JR114, but it must be known that the Ersatz-Battalion of the RJR111 is found in Konstanz during the war, Konstanz being also the garrison of the Ersatz-Battalion of the JR114, therefore quite coherent. The JR114 garrison was, due to its importance in the region, the main supplier of equipment for the RJR Ersatz-Battalions

His Red Cross prisoner record:

https://grandeguerre.icrc.org/fr/File/Zoom/D/15/01/C_G1_D_15_01_1300/C_G1_D_15_01_1300_0273_0.JPG/

https://grandeguerre.icrc.org/fr/File/Zoom/D/05/01/C_G1_D_05_01_0013/C_G1_D_05_01_0013_0042.JPG/

That’s great, isn’t it? Many thanks to you, Philippe..

Back